Chapter Seven

Dilan's POV

When Rose went, she never returned and I remained with the popular kids. It was awkward as most had given me a hard time at least once and it seemed as if they were scared of me. Maybe it was my imagination but it looked like it. I didn't talk to anyone which gave me a lot of time to think. What was really going on?! And what had Rose meant when she had said that there was a bloodsucker? What about I having a soulmate and what was that really?! The more I asked myself those questions, the more I got confused.

As the party progressed, I realised that some teenagers were assembling together. It wasn't supposed to be odd but lately, everything had been weird. Then a girl was discovered who was unconscious. Kelvin and a few others had taken the girl away. As I watched Kelvin, I realised something was really going on. Almost everyone he passed either bowed a little or showed another sign of respect. It was abnormal but it seemed as if Kelvin was used to it or he just ignored it.

A few minutes later, Kelvin returned with Claire in his arms. She was sort of drunk and was talking about something involving shoes. I ignored her as I knew how she behaved when drunk. She wasn't however supposed to be in Kelvin's arms. It was obvious something had happened between the two during the night but I didn't want to ask. Kelvin carried Claire as if she weighed nothing and with her in his arms, he still managed to pour out his superiority and authoritative vibe about him.

"I will take you both home," he said before turning and began walking. I began walking when I realized she wasn't with us.

"What about Cleopatra?!" I asked. I should have been shy about it but I wasn't. I was beginning to get used to it and the worry at that moment about Cleopatra couldn't have allowed I get shy.

"She went home," he replied and continued walking. That statement hit me hard. Why had she gone without even telling me?! It was as if that moment we had shared was nothing to her. I realised I was stupid since I had considered it. She could and would never like me. Maybe she just wasn't into me like I was into her and it was just so unfair. The more time progressed, the more I became more attracted to her. I really didn't know if that was possible but it was actually happening to me and I was sure it wasn't normal.

We walked towards the car in silence except Claire who was now singing in Kelvin's arms. I wasn't in the mood to talk and it seemed the same with Kelvin. He didn't seem much of a talker but for a reason I didn't know, he seemed more quiet than usual. I ignored that as I got in into his expensive car and he drove us home. Aunt was asleep when we got in and Kelvin had to carry Claire into her room as she couldn't walk. I was glad aunt was already asleep as she would have thrown a tantrum about it and we would have been grounded.

I didn't sleep well. The thoughts from the night just flooded into me. I couldn't sleep at first and I kept tossing all over the bed as I tried to think about the happenings of the night. I then realized something. Bloodsucker wasn't just a person but a vampire. The vampires were the only mythical creature that could suck blood from people but it was stupid of me to think of vampires. They didn't exist. That's when I slept.

I was woken up by someone patting my back. I groaned as I opened my eyes. The bright light of the sun made me close them and I slowly opened them until I got used to the sunlight. I then glanced at my aunt who had a cheerful smile on her face.

"It's noon and you are still asleep, I had to wake you up," she said and went to draw the curtains. Light streamed in the room which made me glare at her.

"I am still sleepy. Could I just sleep for a little while?!" I begged  but she gave me her infamous glare.

"No can do. It's too late, plus you have a visitor," she said and that caught my attention. Nobody and I repeat nobody would ever visit me. So I was both shocked and confused at the same time.