Chapter Twenty Five

Dilan's POV

I couldn't believe what was going before me. It was my first time in the Black's home and I didn't even care about how beautiful and expensive the homestead was. What I was worried about was the army of werewolves that had assembled at the pack house. I hadn't realized that the pack was that huge until I saw every grown-up werewolf ready to attack Julius Cesar.

Two guard werewolves had been killed by Liz and even though she didn't have control over herself, the werewolves had blamed Julius for the murder of the two. The werewolves had already had enough of the killing caused by the Vampires. It was my fault that everything was happening. I was the reason the Vampires had arrived in our small town. I was the reason that many people were dead and more deaths to be expected. Yet everyone treated me like I was something precious that could break and had to be protected. The thing I hated about everything was that nobody even listened to my opinions, I was supposed to be protected as people died doing that.

Cleopatra was next to me, her hand on mine. She was joining the werewolves in the fight which was something I was trying hard to convince her not to. I had tried convincing her not to join the werewolves but I realized that she was stubborn. She had made up her mind and even I couldn't change her mind.

I knew the reason why. Kelvin was going to lead the attack and she always felt that she should protect him. I couldn't convince her which made me join her. I had decided to join the werewolves. I remembered the argument we had with Cleopatra about it.

"I am joining the rest of you," I told Victoria and Cleopatra.

It was surprising that I had said that. Cleopatra had been taken by surprise by what I had said.

"That's not happening," she said but it was more of an order. But just like her, I too had made up my mind about joining them.

"I am serious Cleopatra, people are getting killed because of me. I just saw the hunters being slaughtered because of me and I did nothing," I shot back at Cleopatra.

She just stared at me. I could see she was taken aback by the confidence I had against her. I too was surprised by it but I had spent the previous night remembering the slaughter of the hunters. I couldn't let that happen to the werewolves too.

"It's a war between werewolves and Vampires, a war that has always been there since Vampires and werewolves existed. You are not the cause of that," Cleopatra told me, her voice low as she took a step towards me. Her voice was enough to convince me and make me change my mind.

I could see that she was afraid for me but I had already made up my mind.

"Vampires and werewolves have always been at war but I am the reason this battle is happening. The last thing I should be doing is being safe as people die in my name Cleopatra," I said to her.

She sighed in frustration.

"Please, it's not safe for you," she said to me, her eyes full of concern.

"Same to you but you won't listen," I shot back at her. We were going through our first disagreement as a couple and it was tough. I didn't want to disappoint her but at the same time, I knew I was doing the right thing.

"I am a vampire..." She started but stopped when I paused her.

"You don't get to use the 'I am a vampire card'," I said to her.

She was silent.

"Look, I can sense that something else is going on. I can't be safe as my lookalike kills the werewolves. Plus I am sure that no vampire will kill me or if Julius will let that happen," I told her which she realized was the case.