Chapter Nine

Dilan's POV

I was hit so hard that for a moment, I wasn't myself. The revelation of the plan was just too much and it seemed I wasn't the only one. Claire had suddenly rose on her feet and rushed out of the room. Kelvin who wasn't that hit with whatever Cleopatra had said followed Claire out of the room leaving the three of us which was going to be bad, Cleopatra and Rose were never to be alone without someone like Kelvin controlling them.

Rose was a mystery. Her blank facial expression hid what she felt about Cleopatra's plan. But I was sure she didn't like it as she had gripped her knife tightly turning her knuckles white. She was staring at a spot on the wall and I could clearly see she was thinking hard about the issue.

I however didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I was to react angrily or be happy. I didn't know if Cleopatra's plan was good or bad. I didn't know if I wanted to be a vampire or not. Maybe I would take my chance with the vampires. There was just a lot running in my mind that I couldn't think straight. All I could do was stare at my soulmate if she really was my soulmate.

I was trying hard to accept that the girl I was staring at was a vampire. That the girl before me was my soulmate, that we were destined to love each other, our souls bound together. That she had lived for over a thousand years. It was just too much to take in and to imagine.

"Dilan," came her soft velvet and clear voice. That drew me out of my thoughts, out of my mind to her.

"I shouldn't have told you," she said, her voice dripping regret, worry and concern. She was staring at me making it hard for me to think. I was still fascinated by her, distracted by her eyes even if I knew what she truly was. She was a vampire, a predator and yet my attraction to her was much more than ever. I was drawn to her more.

"Dilan, I have no other choice. I don't even know what to do as we have limited time. Just forgive me for my stupid decisions..." Rose scoffed at that with a roll of her eyes which received a glare from Cleopatra.

As I looked at her apologise, I understood her. She had waited for her soulmate for over a thousand years and when she had finally found me, I was going to be a target for all vampires in the world. The soulmate she had been waiting for for centuries could easily get killed in the first week she had met him. Of course she was going to make rush and stupid decisions. Of course she was going to make mistakes. And I at least had to support her. I was her soulmate, I should give her happiness and not worry and stress.

I raised my hand and placed it on her hand. This action was unexpected and if she had been human, she would have gasped in surprise. But she was a vampire, her composure had just broken a little and had resumed at the same moment. Her head moved fluidly and effortlessly and looked at my hand on hers. Her hand was smooth and hard against mine yet it felt delicate to me, like I was holding a ceramic cup and it could break the moment I let it go.

"Don't apologise. I might not know what is going on but you are handling everything well to me so don't apologise." I tried to make my voice as calm as possible as Cleopatra's but I was human, emotions flowed from my voice. I was trying to put up a brave face but I couldn't and all I wanted was to be alone and be weak.

Quickly, her other hand landed on mine making me look at her. She had raised her head and her eyes were on mine. The moment I looked into her eyes, I was in another world. I was safe. I was happy. Nothing could touch or harm me. Her eyes assured me of safety, happiness and everything good. But most importantly, the love that radiated from her eyes. I couldn't help but get drawn into that love, that love that seemed to be infinite and was just all for me.

"I promise you, I will make sure you are safe. I will protect you against everything and anything, in the name of my love for you," she declared as she held my two hands into hers. At that moment, I wasn't afraid. I wasn't scared. I was confident that nothing was going to separate the both of us. I had fallen so much in love with her and I could feel I could never exhaust her love forever. At that moment, I was untouchable as I was so deep in love.