Chapter Ten

Dilan's POV

I had never seen someone that angry as I had seen Cleopatra, Kelvin and Rose become. Even with the compusure Rose and Cleopatra had, I could still see that they were angry. Kelvin wasn't that much good at hiding his anger as for the first time ever, I had seen him almost shift. His breathing had become heavy and a roaring sound escaped his clenched teeth. His eyes had become scarier as they had become turning into a red colour, a colour of a predator.

Of course I had walked a few steps from him as it was my first time. Cleopatra seeing this had rushed next to Kelvin and it seemed her presence and that of Claire calmed him. Rose however had an arrow already out and in her bow, ready to shoot. This had made everyone glare at her but she didn't seem that affected. To her, it was better to be prepared for the worst than hope for the best.

There was silence for a while as nobody wanted to talk. It was James who broke the silence.

"Your father is already mobilising the wolves. By the time we arrive, they should be prepared for the rebels," he said to Kelvin who hated the formal way James spoke to him. Still, he didn't say.

"We should be going," Kelvin replied to James before turning to Claire who had grown silent. He walked to her and hugged her tightly before kissing her on the lips.

"I will be back, just be safe," Kelvin told her and all she could do was nod.

"I am coming," Rose said which wasn't much of a suggestion but a command. She had left no room for argument.

"Me too," Cleopatra said but it was met with disapproval. James seemed to hate Cleopatra and he didn't even hide it. So it was obvious that he wouldn't want Cleopatra to help. Kelvin however didn't disapprove because of hate but he did disapprove. Rose obviously hated Cleopatra so that was a clear disapproval.

"I can help," Cleopatra told Kelvin who seemed to want to give in into Cleopatra's request.

"I know but it's best if you don't fight with the wolves. You are a vampire and some of us," he glanced at James, "won't stop themselves from attacking you."

"And because your bloodsucker stench will disturb us," James said but regretted saying that. Cleopatra seemed to have just appeared next to him and with one hand around his neck, she lifted him as if he was weightless. Her eyes were bloodshot and her fangs out.

I could see the fear in James' eyes but he still had pride in him. He tried to fight back and break out of Cleopatra's grip but it only made Cleopatra angrier and her grip tightened such that James couldn't breathe.

Kelvin quickly rushed to the two but Rose's arrow reached first. Cleopatra without even looking caught the arrow and threw it back at Rose. The arrow passed just a few inches from her face and it seemed that if Cleopatra wanted to, she would have pierced Rose.

"Stop it Cleopatra," Kelvin asked her but it seemed she didn't even loosen up her grip.

"Tell this stupid small cub and little excuse of a dog what I am capable of and I ..." She tightened her grip and James was almost at the verge of fainting due to lack of air in his lungs, "need to be respected."

"Okay, I will. Just let him go," Kelvin asked and it seemed to work. Cleopatra let go of James who fell on the ground and began breathing and gasping for air.

It was then Cleopatra paused and realized that I had witnessed her outburst. She had changed back to that beautiful, strong yet fragile girl and she wasn't a powerful vampire anymore. But more than ever, I loved her. It was really hard to explain but the more she showed me the monster beneath that beautiful girl, the more I fell for her.