Chapter Four

Dilan's POV

It was Friday and school was different on Friday. There was the excitement that the school week was or would be over. Students made plans excitedly for the weekend. Party plans were made as students were invited to the parties. It was all fun for most students except those like me.

I was turning eighteen during the next week and I had never attended a party. I hated parties even though I had never attended any. Parties were the place that people were the most social and since I wasn't that of a social person, I hated them. Another reason was that I was never invited in those parties. Who would invite Dilan to their party?! Nobody would and I liked it that way. Maybe one day I would love parties, mostly when I went to college away from the small town that only had bad memories for me. But at the moment, I was never attending any party.

I walked towards my locker and that is when I observed something. Over half of the students were staring at me but not in the way I had been used to but in a way that showed something I didn't like. It was like they were fascinated by me and even some had a trace of fear. I was pretty sure that wasn't because of a certain girl as yesterday hadn't been like that. I realised something had happened that I didn't know, something about me. Even though I had always received stares all my life, glares and pitiful looks that I had gotten used to, I wasn't ready for that.

The other thing I realised was different was Kelvin. As I was opening my locker, trying hard to ignore the stares that came my way, I saw Kelvin walk into the school. Something had definitely changed about him since the last time I had seen him. His expression on his face had become harder and so authoritative that it scares me. He had a vibe of superiority all over him and I realised that it wasn't just me. Almost everyone could feel it. The most surprising thing was that I thought I saw some bow their head to him. Maybe it was just an imagination but still, the way Kelvin walked only showed power. I then remembered the conversation I had overheard the previous day. He was alpha. I really didn't know what that meant but it sounded scary.

I observed that Cleopatra wasn't with him. Instead of Cleopatra, James, the football school captain walked next to him, a step behind as if in respect and in a protective manner. James was one of the strongest guys I know, muscular and taller compared to Kelvin but even if he was a few inches taller and had thicker muscles than Kelvin, Kelvin looked superior than him. Just his stare and body posture was intimidating enough.

I would have continued staring at him hadn't I felt a presence next to me. I smelt the now familiar perfume and that was enough to make my heart beat faster. The pull of attraction towards her started and I couldn't fight it. I found myself looking at her and my heart almost stopped beating due to surprise.

It wasn't fair that she affected me in such a way. Her beauty was intoxicating and compelling as always and it seemed her beauty increased every time I saw her. She had her usual look, a t-shirt and tight fitting jeans and high heels. She looked like a model, not a model, a goddess of models if there was such a thing. Her eyes were pulling me to her hypnotising me. Even though I was just a little bit taller than her, her pose and beauty with her head held high made her seem taller.

She was looking at me, a smile on her face. She was curvy but her greatest curve was her smile, that was breathtaking.

"Hi Dilan," she greeted me as she held one strap of her bag. Why was she affecting me in such a way?! I asked myself.

"Um ...hi," I managed to say and am sure I must have sounded like a tired groaning frog.

"How was your night?!" She asked before leaning against the locker that was next to mine, then tilted her head to one side exposing her beautiful neck and just that was enough to make my blood boil. I remembered that I had slept convincing myself that she was the danger Rose had warned me about but standing next to her made those thoughts disappear.