Chapter Twenty Four

Dilan's POV

I knew that it was going to be bad having the two of them in one room. Cleopatra and Taylor in one room with me was just the perfect recipe for chaos. Worse was that I didn't know what to do if it came to the worst. I was obviously going to be in Cleopatra's side because she was my soulmate and I loved her too much. And it would be hard because I would disappoint Taylor. It might seem so easy picking Cleopatra but Taylor was there before Cleopatra came and I had known her for a long time while Cleopatra, I had just met her the previous week. It was going to be tough and I hoped that the two wouldn't do something stupid.

I could feel Taylor become colder. She really hated Cleopatra. She even had her knives in her hands, ready to attack and considering how deadly she was, I wouldn't want that.

"Taylor, I hope you won't do anything stupid," I said to her in a whisper like tone.

I saw her eyes soften for just a short while. Her eyes didn't hear anger in them and the pain of losing her whole family to the person who looks like the person she loves. I saw the Taylor I had known and loved, still loved her. But it disappeared as fast as it came as a smirk formed on her face.

"You know me, stupid is my middle name," she said as she took a step towards me.

She only had her sports bra as she had removed her other top clothes because they were wet with blood. Her hair was let out wildly and with the blood all over her dirty blonde hair, it looked really wild and cute. Her skin tight trousers hugged her body as if it was a second skin showing off her incredible figure.

I felt a gasp escape me. It wasn't because of how beautiful Taylor looked at that moment but because of the scars she had. I could even see a vampire bite on her shoulder and I remembered how she got them. She wanted to leave the hunters and be with me and I felt so much guilt. Why was everyone around me suffering? Why?

Taylor was already next to me and i could smell her exotic perfume which was mixed with the metallic scent of blood. She raised my head by holding my chin with her hand.

"I love you," she said and I could see in her eyes that she meant it. I remembered how much I had loved her. I remembered how many times I would sneak at home so that we could hang out. I remembered how it felt to hold her in my arms. I remembered how it felt to kiss her. I remembered how much I meant to her and how much she meant to me.

I was about to reply when I heard the most scary voice ever. I turned only to see an angry looking Cleopatra, her hands folded into fists and her fangs out.

"Get your hands off him," she said to Taylor. Her voice was deep, scary and deadly. I could hear the venom and hate she felt towards Taylor in her voice.

"Well, the vampire is here," Taylor said and I could feel the same emotions that were in Cleopatra's voice in hers but she was worse. For the first time, I realised Taylor wasn't alright. She was upset and angry about the death of the other hunters. She was also scared. She was the last remaining hunter who could fight. She wasn't alright and I knew Taylor very well to know that she distracted herself from life and other issues by focusing on something else. Before Cleopatra got in the room, she was distracting herself with me. At that moment, she was using Cleopatra as a distraction.

I looked at the unconscious form of Mr Salvatore and quickly knew what to do.

"Are you alright?" Cleopatra asked as she appeared next to me. I could see how scared she was for me. I could also see the relief in her and also worry.

"Ye..." I didn't finish answering as she had pressed her lips against mine. But it wasn't the usual kisses we had. She was more aggressive than ever. It was as if she was proclaiming me and saying that I was hers, only hers and nobody else.