Chapter Fifteen

Dilan's POV

It sounds absurd that I dated my bully, Taylor Salvatore. She was older than me with two years and that's why I wasn't even sure how she got enrolled back in our high school. I hadn't planned for me to date Taylor but it sort of happened. I never told anyone and she never told anyone, she was my bully in public but my lover in private. That's how messed up our relationship was. But I really liked her. Taylor wasn't like most girls and that's what I had fallen for her even though she was the one who had started our relationship.

It was after some football players had bullied me and she had witnessed that. I had already gotten used to being bullied and all the hurtful things I was told so it wasn't that much of a big deal. As I was picking up my books, I saw Taylor walk towards me. I was in the tenth grade while she was a senior. I was expecting her to bully me but she didn't. She just stared at me as if I was fascinating her.

"You should fight back," she said to me.

"No, I can't," I told her as I picked up my books, in my mind thinking why she was delaying in bullying me.

"It's just that you won't," she told me and I was silent for a while.

"But I can help," she said making me look up at her as I was squatting. She had a mischievous grin and I didn't need her to tell me that whatever she was planning was bad.

"How?"

"I will be your bully," she said when I rose to my feet. She took a step towards me followed by another as I took a step backwards until I bumped onto the lockers and she had me pinned to them.

"Only I will bully you, nobody will be allowed to bully except me," she whispered to my ear. And that was how we began dating.

Taylor crashed her lips against mine. I was caught by surprise but I should have been expecting that. She was always full of surprises but I didn't respond to the kiss. I couldn't bring myself to kiss her because it felt wrong. It felt as if I was cheating on Cleopatra who was my soulmate even though we hadn't began dating. Technically, Taylor was still my girlfriend and I wasn't cheating. But even though I tried as much to convince myself of that, I couldn't kiss her. I couldn't even though I tried. Because Taylor wasn't Cleopatra.

Taylor sensed it and I heard her sigh against my lips. She brought her hands to my shoulders and held me tight, making me stare into her eyes.

"Do you know how much I missed you Dilan?" She asked me. Her eyes had this emotion I saw in someone else, Cleopatra.

"Please Taylor, not now," I told her trying to get off her grip. She had gotten stronger, I thought.

"What Dilan? Didn't you miss me?" She asked me and I could see disappointment on her face. 

To be honest, I had missed her. But I didn't at that moment because since Cleopatra came into my life, I had forgotten all about Taylor and the feelings I had for her had disappeared.

"What do you want me to say Taylor? What do you want me to say to you?" I asked her. My emotions were beginning to show. Taylor had left me hurt and she didn't even visit me. It was upsetting.

"Dilan, I... I am sorry," Taylor said and I could see she meant that.

"Don't start Taylor, it's almost two years since you left. You didn't even tell me that you were going, you didn't tell me where you went and now you return like it's all normal? I spent every single day asking myself what I did wrong that you couldn't even send me a text, or even a letter. Or if you were safe, or alive. You didn't explain to me why you were gone and you return like you just left yesterday. Taylor, you broke me," I found myself saying. I had kept that inside of me for so long and at least I had let it out.