SEVEN

By the time I turned back around to face him, he was staring at me intensely. His eyes were burning into me so deeply, I could feel the heat.I coward back into the wall behind me, hoping maybe I would get sucked into the other room. I was about to say something when I was stopped by the movement of his eyes.

Never had he ever looked at me this way before.

His eyes raked down my body slowly from my eyes all the way down to my toes. His head tilted just a little and as he started to sweep his eyes back up my body, he took my breath away with his words.

"You are even more beautiful than I remember." His voice was low and a little gravely making me take a sharp inhale. His eyes finally landed on mine again and he smiled making it hard for me to keep standing. "You look the same, but so different."

"Thanks...I guess?"

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes changing to concern as he took a step towards me. I tensed with his movement making him stop and his mouth hung slightly and he scoffed. "Are you...afraid of me?"

"No." I said too quickly.

"Then why are you pressed so far up against that wall I'm starting to get concerned that you are going to fall through it?"

I let my body relax a little and I stepped forward and jumped up on the table. His eyes moved to my legs and I adjusted my dress so that it was covering as much of my thighs as I could. His eyes shot back up to mine and I smiled. "I am not going to morph into the wall."

He nodded and stepped forward taking a seat on the opposite side of the table. It was a large C shape and we were far enough apart that I was able to retain my breathing properly.

Kinda.

I had a funny feeling in my body, and despite me dreading this moment, it almost felt normal. Sitting here with him wasn't uncomfortable, it wasn't weird, nor was it scary.

It was nerve wracking.

It made my body shake.

But not because I didn't want to be here.

But because I didn't want to tell him the truth.

"So, can I please ask you a few questions?" He asked in a low soft voice. I nodded and looked down immediately getting so nervous my hands were shaking. Before I knew it he was in front of me taking my hands. I felt an electricity shoot through my body and I lifted my head to look at him. "Why are you shaking, do I really make you that nervous?"

"N-no." I said pulling my hands from his. "What did you want to ask me?"

He hopped up on the table right next to me, our knees inches from touching. "I think it's pretty obvious." He chucked softly and leaned back on the heal of his hands. "What do you think?"

"Just ask." I sighed.

"Why did you leave?"

"I told you. I had wanted to dance for the Cat's Eye since I was a little girl. They rejected my application twice saying I didn't have what it took and then when I sent them a video they admitted they were wrong and...well you know...they gave me a 3 year contract."

"I should probably be clearer." he said, voice a little annoyed. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you share that news with me? I thought we were best friends."

"We were."

"Then why Y/N?"

"Jin." I sighed. "What was telling you going to do? You were getting married and I was about to move 10 hours across the country."