TEN

"Y-You do?" I asked hating that I stuttered. He licked his bottom lip slowly and nodded his head. I turned away from him and cleared my throat trying to keep a cool frame of mind. "Well um...it's been a long time Jin. You only remembered the girl I was. Like you said, I've changed. You've changed." I said trying to direct the conversation elsewhere. 

I'd like to say that I didn't like the look he was giving me.

But that would be lying. 

"How have I change?" When he spoke, his voice was lower than it was before and I felt chills run down my spine. 

"Your facial features are more masculine. Not that you were feminine ever, but your boyish charm has been replaced with a more mature one. You look more muscular too." I laughed. "You grew into your shoulders." 

He nodded and smiled brightly. "Thanks." 

"So um...if there is nothing else, I am going to get going." I went to stand but he moved faster and scooted so he was right nest to me and his hand was on the side of my neck, using slight pressure to keep me sitting. 

"Please stay." He asked. "I really want to know the woman you turned into. Don't you want to get to know that man I turned into?" His smile was dazzling, and his eyes sparkled with happiness and a little mischief. 

I took a moment to answer weighing the pros and cons of spending time with him. 

What bad could really come from it? Everything is already out in the open. 

"Only if you answer one question for me." 

"Sure." he nodded, his thumb now lightly strumming against the skin of my shoulder. 

"Why did you call off the wedding?" 

His eyes saddened slighly, but a small smile formed on his lips before he spoke. "Because you left." 

"What? You cant blame me, that was your choice!" I defended starting to get angry again. 

"No, I don't mean it like...it was your fault, I mean..." he paused to take a breath and his hand moved smoothly down my arm and he took hold of my hand. "I wasn't lying when I said I was devastated. I was a mess for those two days, just...a mess. Jiah didn't even care that you were gone, she was just annoyed that I was upset about it. It caused a huge fight between us, and she accused me of caring more about you being at the wedding than her." 

"Really?" I asked raising an eye brow. "That's just ridiculous. I never liked her." 

"Well she was right." 

My eyes widened. "What?" 

"When she said that, I thought about how I would have felt if she wasn't there, meaning, I didn't marry her and...well I told her she was right. I told her that this wedding was a mistake." 

"What did she say?" I asked giving his hand a comforting squeeze. 

"She started to cry. I really did feel horrible but she kept saying how much she loved me and that I needed to remember how much I loved her, but that time she was wrong." 

"You didn't love her?" 

"I had love for her, but I think I was more focused on the idea of being in love to the point I didn't realized that I just...cared for her. I wasn't head over heels for her." 

"Did you tell her that?" 

"I did." He nodded. "Then she asked me something that I didn't really know how to answer."