Magnolia

Narrator's POV

Stephen began to fall to the ground.

"Jarvis. Give me more juice."

Yes, sir

The jets at Tony's feet doubled in size and pushed him faster and further.

Tony caught Stephen in his arms. "Stephen." Tony said.

Dormammu chuckled. "Fools."

Tony looked back at Dormammu.

"I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to transfer myself into him." Dormammu said. "And you gave me the perfect chance."

Tony looked back at Stephen, holding him in his arms, watching as Stephen's purple marks return and his eyes turn black. "No, no, no, no. Come on. Fight it." He said. "Fight him off."

Stephen's body began to radiate with a purple glow, the veins in his body began to turn dark, crawling all over his body.

"Tony..." Stephen gasped in fear, purple tears rolling down his cheeks.

He was so scared, so afraid.

"I-I can't defeat him...he-ah!" Stephen groaned. "He's too powerful..."

"Yes you can." Tony said. "I know you can. Just hold on." He said. "Wong!" He called. "Hold on, Wong's coming. He's on his way. Just hole on. Stay strong."

Tears began to form in Tony's eyes.

He hated seeing Stephen like this.

Scared.

Hopeless.

In pain.

"No." Stephen said. "I need you. Ah-!" He gasped, arching back as pain settled in his body.

His eyes began to turn black, with a purple pupil.

"I'm here." Tony said.

"I need you to..." Stephen gasped. "...help me." He weakly picked his raised his arm up, placing his hand on Tony's forehead, sending a vision into his mind.

Tony's gasped in realization of what must be done, then looked back at Stephen. "Stephen, no." He said. "I can't... I can't!"

Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"There's no other way." Stephen said. "If he completes the transformation, he will be too powerful to defeat. I will be no more."

"There has to be another way." Tony said, tears rolling down his cheeks. "There has to be!"

Stephen looked at him with pained eyes, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'm in pain. I'm suffering...please..." He gasped. "...save me."

"Stephen." Tony cupped Stephen's cheek, wiping away purple tears with his thumb.

Stephen gave Tony a soft smile, placing his hand over Tony. "Save the day for me on last time, Ironman." He took Tony's hand in his and placed it on his abdomen.

Tony sobbed, looking into Stephen's soft eyes.

All the moments they shared, all the laughs, all the kisses, the love they made...they all flashed in Tony's mind.

Stephen's beautiful smile and laughter flashed in his mind as images of his wizard swinging, or looking into his eyes with his loving eyes as they awoke together in bed replayed in his memory.

Tony sniffled. "...please, forgive me..." He sobbed, looking down and taking in a deep breath. "Ngh!" He groaned, tears rolling down his cheeks as he activated a metal shank in the armor around his arm.