Resurfacing

Narrator's POV

"Good job, te-Uh!" Tony was slammed into a building, breaking the glass into an office. He opened his eyes to see Stephen in front of him, holding up a blade.

"I've worked too hard for this." Stephen said.

"Stephen, look at yourself." Tony said. "This isn't you. I know you."

"You don't know me at all." Stephen growled, taking Tony by the throat and throwing him across the office. He threw a blade and stuck it into Tony's thigh.

"Argh!" Tony groaned.

"You will die." Stephen said, levitating over to him. "As will all your friends and everyone on this planet." He formed another blade, raising it.

Tony shielded himself with a shield projection.

Stephen tried other attacks, but Tony blocked them all. "Fight me!" He said.

"No." Tony groaned, getting up. "You're my friend." He stood up weakly. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I know the real Stephen's still in there."

"Ngh!" Stephen kicked him into a wall.

"Mph..." Tony groaned and fell over.

Sir, power percentage is 5%

"I know you're still in there." Tony said. "Chaos and destruction? Is it what you really want?"

"You don't know anything!" Stephen hit him over and over with his two shields.

"I know everything about you." Tony said, falling over. "Your favorite color is lavender, your favorite flower is a daisy..."

"Argh!" Stephen gripped his head, memories flooding into his mind.

"You keep the bathroom door closed because you think there's a boogie in there, you love long baths, and you love to sing. You have a beautiful voice." Tony continued.

"Stop!" Stephen shouted. "Just stop!" He fired an orb at Tony.

"Uh!" Tony groaned. "Y-You..." He slowly began to get back up. "You dance ballet. The pink slippers...oh." Tony groaned, chuckling afterward. "You got so mad at me after I found them."

"Urgh!" Stephen groaned, falling to his knees and gripping his head. "Fuck-!" He gasped.

"You broke my heart." Tony said, coughing. "With this bracelet." He disabled the armor around his left arm, exposing the bracelet Stephen had given him when they broke each others' hearts.

"No, no, no, no!" Stephen groaned.

"Do you remember what you said to me when we left each other?" Tony asked, smiling.

"Stop! STOP!" Stephen felt pressure in his chest. "Ah!" He gasped, gripping his chest.

"You made my life a happy one, and there's no tragedy in that." Tony repeated Stephen's words.

"PLEASE!" Stephen shouted. "Stop! STOP!" He looked up at Tony with tears in his eyes. He was pain.

"I won't stop." Tony said.