I-It's Mr. Stark!

Narrator's POV

"Next week we'll have another meeting." Steve said, turning off the projector that displayed maps and coordinates onto the shades of the windows in the compound.

The shades began to lift automatically, lighting up the room again.

"Thank the gods that's over." Thor said. "I am famished." He said, standing up from his chair and stretching.

"Just you wait for what I've got planned for dinner tonight." Bruce said.

"Oh." Clint joined in their conversation. "What will we be having tonight, chef?"

"No." Natasha said. "Don't say anything. I want it to be a surprise."

"All you need to know is that it's delicious." Bruce said.

The four walked out of the meeting room laughing.

Tony was picking his things up from the table, having trouble with putting the cap on his pen. He eventually gave up on it and tossed the damn thing on the table. He gathered his things and turned to the door.

Steve came up behind him. "Tony." He called.

Tony turned to him.

Steve trotted the little distance between them. "How're you holding up?" He asked.

"Eh, the fort's still up." Tony said, shrugging.

Steve placed a hand on Tony's shoulder. "No. Really?" He said. "How's everything?"

Tony sighed. "I don't know Rogers." He said. "Now I have to live with this enormous guilt and this massive weight on my shoulders. I just can't take it anymore. I know it's been four months since that happened, but I just can't see past it. Every time I close my eyes, he's still there. I can only see the expression of fear and pain he had. He was scared for his life. I-I-I can still hear-"

"Hey." Steve said. "It's not your fault. None of this was your fault. You did all you could."

"Don't come at me with that bullshit." Tony said.

Steve sighed, pulling away from Tony. His eyes fell to the ground.

Tony rolled his eyes, letting his head fall. "Look, I'm sorry." He said. "I've just..." He sighed. "Never mind. I just need some fresh air."

"That seems like a good idea." Steve said.

"Yeah." Tony put on his sunglasses. "I'll see you tomorrow, Rogers."

"You too." Steve said.

Tony turned his back to Steve and walked out the door.

"Take care."

Tony only raised his hand and displayed a peace sign.

///0///0

"Hah..." Tony sighed, making his way through the crowded streets of New York with his hands in his pockets. He stared down at the concrete sidewalk below him.

He had decided to take a walk amongst the people instead of going straight home.

It would get his mind off things. Like he had said, he needed some fresh air.

The day was gray and gloomy, yet another reason for Tony to stay gloomy.

The streets were calm, but lovely at the same time. Nothing too interesting going on.

He was too caught in his own thoughts to notice the people walking opposite of him. He felt a hard bump in his shoulder, forcing him backward and landing on the ground.

"Ah!" Tony groaned. "Hey." He turned to see what he had run into or who.

It was a tall man in navy blue scrubs.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." The stranger said.

"It's okay." Tony groaned, getting up. "It's fine." He said, dusting himself off and looking up at the stranger.

His eyes widen.

It couldn't be.

"I'm sorry. I was in a hurry for my lunch break." Said the stranger. "You know how doctors have that crazy schedule and-"

"Stephen?" Tony asked.

"How do you know my name?" The stranger asked.

Tony shook his head a little. "Um, your name badge." He said.

Stephen looked down at his name badge from the hospital. "Oh." He smiled. "I started to think that you were some sort of stalker." He chuckled. "Not that you look like one, no. I would never say that to anyone, but now that we're talking about appearances, you really look familiar."

"I'm Tony." Tony said. "Tony Stark."

"No way." Stephen gasped.

"In the flesh." Tony smiled.

"Oh my goodness." Stephen jumped a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He extended his hand.

Tony looked at Stephen's hands.

They weren't scarred.

A soft smile formed on Tony's lips.

He shook his hand. "You too, Doctor Strange."

"I've always dreamt of meeting you." Stephen said. "Sorry if I sound a little jumpy, it's just that...well..." Stephen took in a deep breath. "You're Tony Stark. You're, you're Ironman!" A large smile formed on his lips and his eyes sparkled.

Tony smiled, watching Stephen's inner dork from their academy days resurfacing. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"Mind if I get a picture?" Stephen asked.

"Not at all." Tony said.

"Great." Stephen took out his phone and snapped a quick picture of them together. "My coworkers won't believe this." He smiled. "Thank you...for this and..." Stephen looked up at Tony. "...and everything you've done for this world."

Tony turned to him. "No." He said. "Thank you for everything you've done and the sacrifices you've made."

Stephen was a little confused, but chose to ignore it due to all the joy he felt inside. "I suppose an important person like you has many important things to do." Stephen said. "I'll let you be on your way. Have a nice day, Mr. Stark."

"You too." Tony said.

The two walked opposite of each other.

Tony stopped in his tracks.

Don't let him go. If you let him go, you'll never get this chance again.

Tony took in a deep breath and tightened his fists. "Actually." He said, turning back to Stephen. "I don't really have anything to do."

Stephen turned back to him.

"Mind if I join you on your lunch break?" Tony asked.

A huge smile popped onto Stephen's face. "N-Not at all." He said. "Be my guest."

Tony walked toward Stephen, smiling. "Have you eve tried shawarma?" He asked.

"No." Stephen said.

"Great." Tony said.

The two walked down the sidewalk.

"Have you ever thought about growing out your facial hair?"

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ