Now You Know

Narrator's POV

A portal opened behind Tony.

The two looked at it.

A hooded man came through.

"Stephen." Said the man, slowly lifting his hood.

It was Kaecilius.

Tony turned to Stephen. "So you wanna tell me what's really going on?" He asked with anger, tears of rage pooled in his eyes

"Stephen is not who seems to be." Kaecilius spoke. "You have simply fallen for his trick." He began to walk around the room.

"The cleverest thing the devil did was convince everyone he didn't exist." Stephen said, as he began to walk around the room.

"What are you talking about?" Tony asked.

"This entire time..." Kaecilius paused. "...he has been working for us. Serving Dormammu and adopting our dark ways."

"You lied to me?" Tony asked.

"Dormammu was never attacking me internally." Stephen said. "I let his power take over me. The whole "It's Dormammu" thing was a simple distraction from my actual intentions." Stephen explained.

Tony couldn'tbbelieve his ears. "So you mean to tell me you actually wanted to kill those people? You were willingly attacking us?"

"That's what our mission is." Kaecilius said. "We have come here to take down the London Sanctum in order to let our dark lord conquer this world. The Hong Kong and New York Sanctum have already fallen." He said. "We just needed a distraction to keep all the sorcerers from discovering us."

"And you were perfect." Stephen said. "While they were busy chasing us, they had no idea of what the Zealots were doing."

"Wha..." Tony's eyes filled with tears, realizing he had been used. 

"And now." Kaecilius said. "Now the transformation is complete. Earth will fall, and you will all die."

Tony looked at Stephen. "No. I know you won't do this." He said. "I know you believe in the good of this world."

"Even a white rose has a black shadow." Stephen said.

"But I know you. I know there's still a light within you." Tony said. "You're better than this."

"Your faith in me brings me to tears even after all these years." Stephen said. "I have found a new master, a better master. One who promises me power, strength and ever lasting life."

"Stephen, no." Tony said. "You can over come this. I know you can. What would The Ancient One  say about this?" 

"I was the one who killed her." Stephen said. 

"What?" Tony was deeply conflicted. "But you're a hero..."

"Yes, I was once a hero. I was once pure of heart. Once, all I wanted was to save the world, until it let me down. Although I was prepared and accepting of sacrifice, they betrayed me, left me for dead with a knife in my back and a broken heart." Stephen said. "I guess I should thank them. Because of them, I finally let go of humanity. I accepted my heritage and became what they feared the most. I BECAME THE MONSTER. And now, all I feel is hate, and all I desire is vengeance. I will watch this world burn, and it's all thanks to them." Stephen said.