Do Not Hurt Him

Narrator's POV

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asked Tony.

The two stood in front of the chamber, watching Stephen from the other side of the force fierce field.

Stephen hadn't moved from his corner. He was still curled up on his side on the ground  with his back facing Tony.

"No." Tony said. "But I want to make sure he's alright."

"I'll be making the call if I see things going the wrong direction. " Steve said. "Be careful."

"We will be monitoring everything in case he tries to attack." Wong says.

Tony nodded.

Wong motioned his hands and the force field lifted.

Tony hesitated but stepped in.

The force field closed behind him.

Tony kept his eyes on Stephen. "Stephen." He said.

Stephen didn't reply.

Tony stepped closer. "Stephen."

"Don't." Stephen said weakly. "Please don't come any closer." He said.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Tony said. "I don't have my suit. I don't have anything." He slowly approached.

"Please." Stephen said, curling himself up more, shivering.

Everyone watched carefully from the other side.

Tony got on the ground, examining Stephen. He noticed the side of Stephen's shirt was covered in blood.

Then his back started bleeding through.

"What the..." Tony reached for him. "Ah!" He gasped when he felt Stephen take his wrist suddenly. He looked at Stephen's wounded hands.

"Tell me." Stephen said, looking at Tony.

Tony looked at him.

God, he looked miserable. His eyes were red and puffy, there were eye bags under them. And maybe a purple eye? There were bruises and cuts all over his face. He looked so tired, so weak.

"God, Stephen." Tony gasped. "What happened to you?"

"What did you do to me?" Stephen gasped, beginning to run his hands up Tony's body, gripping shirt now.

Tears raced down Stephen's cheeks, and Stephen groaned in pain.

The tears he cried burned him, leaving markings on his skin.

Steve watched.

Tony could feel Stephen shaking more than his usual shaking. "Stephen, calm d-"

"What did you put in me?" Stephen asked, desperately.

"Get him out of there." Steve said.

Wong opened the field and two sorcerers came in, conjuring shields.

"What..." Stephen gasped. "...what did you do?" He asked.

The sorcerers pulled Stephen off of Tony and helped Tony up.

"No, wait." Tony said, but the sorcerers surrounded him and began to back up toward the exit of the chamber.

Wong closed the chamber again, watching Stephen fall, barely able to keep his head up. "God, he looks awful."

"He needs help." Tony said. "He's wounded very badly."

"He should be able to regenerate and heal with his powers." Wong said.