Host

Narrator's POV

"You were destined to be the next Sorcerer Supreme of earth." Kaecilius said, walking back and forth in front of Stephen. "With your powers and Dormammu's strength combined, you two will be the most powerful beings in this universe."

Stephen sat on the floor with his legs crossed over each other, meditating.

"Can you see it?" Kaecilius asked. "This world will burn and you will rule over everything. You will live forever as a ruler. Soon enough, you'll be strong enough to conquer the multiverse."

Stephen visualized the future of this earth and everyone upon it.

They would all die. They would all serve him, and their souls would be his to rule. The whole universe would be his, and he would move onto conquering others. Spreading his shadows and darkness over everything would be beautiful. Everything would burn down, and everyone would be at his feet.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kaecilius asked.

"Yes." Stephen said. "Ah!" He gasped when he felt a hand take his face suddenly. Opening his eyes, he saw Kaecilius face to face with him.

"But in order to make this reality come true, you most devote yourself to Dormammu." Kaecilius said, letting go of Stephen.

"My mind and body are his." Stephen said. "I wish nothing, but to serve and please him. He gave me these gifts and for that, I am grateful."

Kaecilius smiled. "Good." He said. "He will be pleased to hear that." He walked away from Stephen. "You are dismissed."

///0///0

"Fuck, fuck,fuck..." Stephen said, walking back and forth in his room with his hands up to his head, gripping his hair. "Hm!" He put a hand to his stomach, and fell to his knees, holding on the edge of the bed. "Oh god!" He groaned.

I think it would be in your best interest for you to go there

Her sweet and gentle voice echoed in his ears.

What? And leave Kamar-Taj?

I understand how you feel about this place, but-

This place is all I have. These people are the only people I have. You're like a mother to
me

There's still a lot for you to learn. Things I don't have time to teach you

"Stop..." Stephen groaned. "Please stop, please!" He cried, leaning toward the ground, shutting his eyes tightly and letting tears slip out of his eyes.

Trust in me when I say I do this because I love you, and I only want what's best for you

"Make it stop. Please make it stop." Stephen groaned. "Ah!" He gasped. "Please..." He whined.

I will miss you, Stephen

Me too

Please be safe

Can't guarantee I will

"No." Stephen whispered. "Come back, please." He cried. "Don't leave me alone. Please..."

There was a pain that spread all around his body, his bones ached and his head pounded. His ribcage felt pressure in it, ready to blow.