chapter 2

MAGGIE's POV

"Hey, Maggie, wake up!" I groaned inwardly when I heard that voice. I still wanted to sleep more. I slept late last night because I went clubbing with my friends. It has been a week since the beauty pageant and today's my first day at work.

Before the pageant, I already had my training to be the general manager of one of our supermarkets. Our family owns a multinational chain of supermarkets; the 'Super L'. It has many branches around the USA, Europe and Asia.

Managing our family business is important so I had to take a business management course in University. Well, it's not like I had a choice.

My parents are very supportive to everything that I want to do in life and the least thing for me to do in return is to help managing our business, because someday, Christine and I will eventually be the ones to manage it.

"I'm still sleepy, nana. I'll just go to work this afternoon." I said sleepily as I pulled the blanket over my head. I heard Nancy huff and then pulled the blanket off me.

"You know that you can't do that. Your parents already left and they entrusted you and Tin to me." She answered. She's been our nanny since we were children and she served as our second mom.

My mom finally decided to go live with our dad in Texas and we're okay with it. Me and Christine were already adults. Besides, they would come home at least thrice a month or more to visit us so it's okay.

"C'mon, get up now!" My nanny hissed.

I groaned and closed my eyes. "My head hurts, nana." I complained.

She tsked. "And who's fault do you think it is? Who told you to go to the club last night and drink? Be thankful that your parents didn't call last night or else, I would've really told them everything that you've been doing! It has only been a couple of days since they left but you're beginning to go out f control." I could hint the anger in her voice.

I slowly got up and then sat upright against the oversized headboard. I looked at my nanny amusedly.

"Nana, you're so beautiful today." I praised her instead of commenting of what she just said. She put her hands on her waist and looked at me in disbelief.

"Don't give me that! C'mon, get up. Even if you're still sleepy and have headache, you don't have a choice but to go to work. I already prepared the bathtub for you so that you could relax before going out."

A smile broke across my face. "Thank you, nana. You're the best." I got out of bed and then went directly to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a quick shower before soaking into the bathtub. While in the bathtub, I closed my eyes and relaxed my senses.

The temperature of the bubble bath was so relaxing that I suddenly felt sleepy. I was planning on taking a nap when a picture suddenly appeared in my head. It was Marco's!

I automatically opened my eyes as my breath went hitch. I bit my lower lip. Ever since the last time I saw him, I couldn't get his face out of my mind for some reason.

I couldn't forget what happened at the restaurant that day. He acted so weird. What did he do to Marlon anyway? I asked myself.

I still could remember how pale Marlon's face that time. The fear was evident in his eyes while staring at Marco. Did he intentionally intimidate Marlon? But why would he do that? He's such a weird guy!

Then, I suddenly realized what was going on inside my head.

"What the—stop thinking about him!" I hissed to myself like a fool and then shook my head as if I could erase him out of my mind by doing so. I couldn't believe how he'd been occupying my mind these past few days.