chapter 27

Hi, guys! My book, SHE'S MINE, EXCLUSIVELY MINE will be released on Sunday, December 8, 2019(in the PH). I hope you buy your own copy. For my readers in different countries, i am not sure yet if they could provide e-book for it but I'll let you know soon. Thank you:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MARCO's POV

6 months later

All the emotions on Dui's face disappeared upon hearing what I've said. I knew that I was being selfish for asking him something like this but I didn't have a choice.

"You know that I don't have any plans of involving myself with that game, right? Why are you doing this now? You already knew what to do from the start so that you could get everything that we've been fighting for until now. I don't get why you changed you mind all of a sudden. We've been preparing for this for a long time already. You should've toughened yourself up about this already. You promise to fix this for the two of us but now that you finally got Maggie, you suddenly want to change our plans?" Even though he appeared to be calm, I knew that he was upset.

I heaved a sigh. I wanted to inform him about this after the wedding but I didn't have the chance to do so. Maggie and I spent two months touring different countries in Europe for our honeymoon. We even went cruising through Royal Casanova.

Then, the next month after our honeymoon, we wanted to go home to the USA to attend Christine's graduation but we couldn't. According to my men, Apollyon's men were already desperate on finding us and they were lurking around my wife's family, trying to find any clue of our location.

Thankfully, Mantus used his connection and helped me erase all the traces of all our visitors during our wedding.

Maggie was so disappointed and sad because she couldn't attend her sister's graduation. Thankfully, Christine understood her reason. We stayed home in Australia after that so I wanted to talk to Dui to discuss my plans with him in person but he didn't have the time to fly to Australia because he was busy of all his responsibilities, especially that until now, he was still posing as me.

"It's easier said than done, Dui, and I know that you know that. I love my wife so much and I can't deceive her to that extent. I already have enough things that I've been keeping from her and I don't want to add another one again."

"So, you're going to sacrifice me, is that it?" He asked in disbelief. I huffed and then raked my fingers through my hair.

"Of course, not! Did you really think that I would sacrifice you just to have a happy life with Maggie? You know that I would never do that to you!" I answered irritably. His face softened.

"Really? What is your plan then?" Even his voice mellowed.

"Yes, I have a plan that's why I called you here to discuss it with you."

He took a deep breath. "I didn't think that it's possible for you to escape what's already destined to happen. I mean, that rule has been followed by our ancestors for centuries. If you follow it, our lives will be a lot easier. You're already near the ending. Just two more rule to follow and you're done. After that, we could finally take what's rightfully ours." He said with a hint of frustration and disappointment.

I gritted my teeth. "Easier? Are you hearing yourself?! If I followed that fùcking rule, that will surely destroy Maggie and she would never forgive me. I would never do what our father did to us to my own child, Dui. Never!" I couldn't hide the anger in my voice. He didn't comment for a couple of seconds and then heaved a sigh.