chapter 34

A/N: hi guys! My book SHE'S MINE, EXCLUSIVELY MINE is still available on Shopee and Lazada in the Philippines. It will soon to be available on National Bookstore, Expressions, Booksale and Pandayan nationwide!

HAPPY READING:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MARCO's POV

I longingly stared at Maggie and I's picture on my phone. I took a deep breath. I missed her so bad already. It has been almost two weeks since the last time I've talked to her and it was slowly killing me.

The day when she left me, I wanted to go follow her in order to stop her from leaving me but just when I was about to go out of the hospital, Kyrus came and told me Maggie's message.

I refused to just let her go without her listening to my side of the story but Dui and Kyrus made me realize that I should give Maggie enough time to think. I didn't want to force her into talking to me when she's not yet ready.

This was what I've feared for to happen before that was why I didn't tell her everything even though she asked me to tell her everything already. I got scared that she might not forgive me and leave me for good if she discovered everything.

But I refused to give up on just like that. I temporarily let her be but that doesn't mean that I already gave up without even trying.

Thankfully, she answered my call that day and told me the exact same thing that she told Kyrus. I respected her decision no matter how hard it was for me. Each day that passes was adding to the longing that I was feeling. I missed her so bad that it was becoming harder for each passing day to wake up without her by my side.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I noticed that the bruises on my face were almost gone. Maggie told me not to show myself in front of her with bruises on my face that was why I waited until they finally got healed. They're almost gone and now, I made a decision. I couldn't wait any longer to see my wife. I've already waited long enough.

Even though I haven't been with her since she left, I sent my men to secretly guard her 24/7 without her noticing it. But during the day ever since I got out of the hospital, I've been stalking her to make sure that she's okay. I couldn't resist not seeing her for so long that I had to do that.

"I miss you so much already, my queen." I whispered and then heaved a sigh. I was about to stand up to go to the terrace to breath some fresh air when I heard a knock on the door.

"C'mon in." I said a little bit louder. The door opened and my father came in. Yes, he's fine now and he just got discharged from the hospital the other day.

"Figghiu, can I talk to you?" He asked a little bit reluctantly. His voice was faint and still looked weak.

"Okay." I agreed and then put down my phone on the bed. He slowly walked towards the ottoman chair and then sat there. He didn't start the conversation right away. He was just staring at me for a couple of seconds before a small smile broke across his face.

"I just want to thank you, figghiu, for allowing me to stay here while recovering." My eyebrows creased.

"What are you talking about, papà? Of course, I'll allow you to stay here. You're my father." His smile widened. But then, his eyes brimmed with tears all of a sudden. I got alarmed.

"What happened, papà? Are you hurt somewhere?" I asked worriedly. He chuckled and then shook his head while wiping his tears.

"I'm fine, figghiu. I am just so happy right now. Hearing you call me papà is out of this world. I can't believe that one day, I could be with you and Dui like this. I also talked to your brother a while ago before he left. I personally explained to him everything that happened in the past. Thankfully, he finally listened. I'm so glad because you both finally forgave me and your mamma."