chapter 10

How's this story so far, guys?

Who among you attended the 'Grand Fans day' of PSICOM Pub last Sunday? It's such a pity that i couldn't attend to meet you guys. Maybe, next time. ;)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

I leaned my head against the headrest and then stared outside the plane. I felt like all my energy were sucked out of me. I felt tired and guilty at the same time. I heaved a sigh. We just boarded on the plane. I was going to travel alone so I decided to take the commercial flight, on a first-class ticket so that I could relax in the duration of the flight.

My chest felt so heavy because of what happened before I came to the airport. I suddenly remembered Keith and I's conversation a while ago...

I couldn't help but to bite my lower lip in guilt while listening to Keith. He looked dejected.

"I can't believe this! I thought you've already decided to marry me? You accepted my proposal, right?" There was a hint of resentment in his voice and that made me feel guiltier even more but I had to stand my ground. I couldn't defy my father. He's right after all.

I couldn't risk rushing everything between us especially with all these uncertainties inside of me.

"I'm sorry, babe, but I have to do this." I answered, trying to make him understand my sudden decision. But He shook his head while staring at me in disbelief. He was gritting his teeth the whole time. I just informed him that I would be going for a vacation somewhere and use that as an opportunity to think things through because I was confused.

"I proposed to you because I wanted you to be my wife. I wanted us to be wed as soon as possible. I thought our plans were the same but I was wrong. Now, you're even going somewhere and don't want to tell me where. What am I to you, Maggie? I am your fiancé, for goodness' sake!"

What he said caught me off guard. "W-What? What are you talking about? But we haven't talked about that yet. Yes, I accepted your proposal but I thought we wouldn't be wed right away. We're still young and we don't have to rush things. I just started my work at Super L and you still have many things you want to do also, right?."

"Then, you've misunderstood me. I proposed to you because I wanted us to get married as soon as possible already. Last night, I was planning to tell you that it would be better for us to have a civil wedding first so that we could move in together. I thought you wanted the same but what is this? Why do you need to leave? Aren't you sure about our relationship anymore?"

I was having a hard time explaining everything to him because even I was confused. I didn't know what I wanted to do.

"It's not like that." I answered softly.

He released a harsh breath. "I've been waiting for this for a year already, Maggie. I came back because I wanted to marry you already because I was sure that you're the only one for me."

"W-What?"

He smiled. "Yes, babe. When I was in Sicily, I've already decided to marry you when I come back in the USA that's why I proposed to you when the right moment came. I was so happy when you accepted my proposal because I thought, we could finally get married." He held my hand. "C'mon, babe. Don't leave me now. We can always go on a vacation together after our wedding. I already contacted Mayor Henry and he agreed to marry us any day from now on."

His voice was begging while staring at me with puppy dog eyes. I wanted to say yes but a part of me wasn't comfortable with the idea. I should be happy because my boyfriend is willing to marry me but I couldn't. I suddenly had the urge to run.