chapter 18

A/N: Hi guys! I was motivated to write because of the comments and votes on chapter 17 that's why this chapter is longer than the previous one. Anyway, enjoy reading :)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MARCO's POV

I sipped on my drink while staring at the view below the Monterial Hotel that we were in. The view was spectacular but my mind was wandering somewhere else.

My grip around the glass that I was holding tightened as I remembered what happened to Maggie this afternoon. Thankfully, I was just nearby so I managed to rescue her on time. I knew that Apollyon would never let her go just like that that's why when Maggie told me that she wanted to talk to him, I already formulated a plan of how to follow her without her knowledge.

"You're silent. Let me guess. Maggie pushed you out of your room that's why you're still here." I almost rolled my eyes when I heard Kyrus' mocking voice. He just came in. We're currently in his penthouse on the top floor of the Monterial Hotel. He went out a while ago because he needed to take care of something at the lobby.

"She's sleeping right now and I don't want to disturb her sleep. She's still troubled of what happened to her." I answered and then chugged down the remaining alcohol in my glass in one gulp and then sat on the couch.

"So, what's your plan now?" Kyrus inquired while pouring a whiskey into his glass.

"I'm going to take her away, out of Apollyon's reach."

Kyrus nodded. "Okay. Good luck then." My eyebrows creased.

"What do you mean good luck?"

He smirked. "Well, you're the one who's by her side right now. Her ex-boyfriend is finally out of your way. I just hope that you will finally get her this time; for yourself, not for the sake of the game."

I glared at him but he just laughed. He even raised his glass as if offering for a toast and then sipped on it while grinning like a fool.

"She was mine from the beginning, Ky. Apollyon just got her because I left her vulnerable of any attacks for one year and a half. Now that she's finally by my side, I will never do the same mistake that I did in the past. I will protect her from anyone who wants to use and harm her." I answered determinedly.

"Don't get me wrong but aren't you swimming on dangerous waters right now? I mean; yes, you love her but what about being honest with her? Aren't you doing the same thing that Apollyon did to her?" My eyes squinted in anger.

"Don't compare me to that b*stard because we're not the same!" I snapped in annoyance. Keith raised his hands as if he was surrendering.

"Hey, don't be too hot headed, bud. I know that you're not like him but what I'm trying to say is; shouldn't you be more honest with Maggie? She's gone through enough already. She doesn't deserve to be treated like some price in a game. She will get hurt again if she discovers about it for sure." I could see the worry in his eyes. Even his face was serious this time.

I heaved a sigh. "You know that I can't tell her everything yet but I'll do everything in my power to spare her from any pain. If hiding the truth from her would spare her from being hurt, then I'll gladly do it. Until I win this game, I don't have a choice but to do just that. I'm here to protect her until the very end."

Kyrus chuckled. "I really can't believe it. Who knew that the only one who could actually turn your heart of stone into a softy would be that girl? I really thought that your feelings for her was nothing but an infatuation back then. To be honest, I really didn't think that you're capable of cherishing someone like this that you're even going to this extent just to protect her." He said bluntly.