chapter 38

A/N: Thank you for the comments on previous chapter, guys. 100 comments again for an update on Tuesday. Thank you:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MARCO's POV

An irritated groan escaped my lips when I woke up because of the incessant ringing of my phone. I tried to ignore it but it kept on ringing continuously. When I couldn't take the noise anymore, I finally gave up and reached for it from the bedside table. I answered it with half-hooded eyes.

"Make sure to have a good reason for you to disturb my sleep right now." I wanted to shout at him but I held myself back so that I wouldn't wake up Maggie.

"I'm sorry, Unu, but I have bad news." Falcon answered seriously and his voice fully woken up my senses. I knew Falcon enough to understood that something bad happened that I wouldn't surely like.

"Apollyon escaped. Someone helped him. We have casualties too because our men tried their best not to let him escape but they failed." My jaw flexed in anger upon hearing that. Apollyon has been in the hospital because of his gunshot wound. The authorities appointed two policemen to watch him at all times while he was at the hospital.

I already sent five of my men to secretly guard the vicinity so that Apollyon wouldn't have the chance to escape. I thought, everything was already under control because he was practically tied down in bed. His hand was handcuffed with the bed.

I didn't know what happened but it looked like Apollyon still has connections. It was my fault. I was devastated these past two weeks because Maggie left me. I had nothing in mind but to follow her whenever she went to because I was paranoid that something bad might happened to her.

I never gave importance to Apollyon anymore because he would eventually go to jail the moment he would go out of the hospital. I let my men handle everything because my focus was to get my wife back.

Now, I realized that I shouldn't've ignore everything that was happening at the hospital. I became too laidback and unconcerned about him that I failed to read the situation.

"How many of out men got killed?"

"Five of them, Unu." My hands balled into fists.

"Do everything you can to find Apollyon, dead or alive, Falcon! Tell Dui to send our men to any potential hideout of Apollyon. Make sure to get him no matter what happens!" I ordered thunderously. Worry consumed me for my parents and Maggie.

Now that Apollyon escaped, he would surely target my loved ones. No! I will never let that happen!

"Yes, Unu."

"Call me when you find him. Failure is not an option, Falcon."

"I understand, Unu." I was about to end the call when Falcon spoke once again.

"Wait, Unu."

"What is it this time?" I asked impatiently.

"I think I have an idea where Apollyon could be heading to by now." My eyebrows creased.

"Where?"

"In your place or Maggie's house. I think, he's after your wife." Upon hearing that, I craned my head to look at Maggie on her side of the bed just to be stunned when I saw that she wasn't there. I felt like my heart suddenly stopped beating.

I didn't notice that she wasn't beside me a while ago when I woke up because I answered my phone without looking next to me.

"Unu? Are you still there?" I heard Falcon ask but the phone slipped off my hand and fell on the bed. I then stood up and quickly went to the bathroom, silently hoping that she was there.