chapter 6

Follow me in all my social media accounts:

FB accnt: TwentyTwo MonAmour

FB page: 22_MonAmour

IG: 22_Monamour

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

A smile appeared on my face upon seeing the name of Keith on my phone's screen, calling. I answered it right away.

"Hello?"

"Hello, babe. I'm sorry, I can't pick you up later because I have to attend another meeting. If you want, you can just go directly to the restaurant but I'll be late for 30 minutes. Is it okay for you to wait?"

I chuckled. "It's okay. I'll just wait for you. I know you're busy because you just came back from Sicily. Of course, you have a lot of work to do."

"I'm such a lucky guy to have you as my girlfriend." He answered and it made me chuckle.

"Of course, you are." We both laughed.

"I gotta go now, babe. See you later at the restaurant then."

I sighed. "Okay. See you later." I answered and ended the call. I couldn't help but to wonder why Keith kept on bugging me about having dinner with him tonight. I told him yesterday that I had a lot of work to do but he insisted. He said that he wanted to tell me about something very important so I said yes.

I looked at the time on my wristwatch. It was already 6:30 pm. My out would be at 8 pm today. I was about to turn around to go back to my office when I suddenly heard someone spoke behind me.

"Was that your boyfriend?" I bit my lower lip upon realizing who it was. It has been a week since Keith came back and I've been wanting to ask Marco if he followed me and Keith to the restaurant that day but I didn't have the guts to do so.

Instead of asking, I just did everything I could to avoid him because everytime our eyes meet, I could see the strange emotions in those amber eyes of his and it was making me more uncomfortable than before.

I felt like he changed even though we didn't have the chance to talk again after our last conversation. The way he was staring at me made me feel like I've done something bad that he didn't like and it left me wondering about it for a week already.

I cleared my throat and pulled myself together. What's with him that I kept on feeling this way everytime he's near? Am I going crazy or what? This is not like you, Maggie.

"How did you know about my boyfriend, Mr. Pearce? You've never met him before." I answered and met his eyes bravely. I was secretly trying to observe his reaction in order to confirm if he really knew about Keith.

"I told you to call me by my name." His voice was commanding even though he appeared to be composed yet his face was hardened by an unknown emotion.

I heaved a sigh. "How did you know that I have a boyfriend?" I parroted my question.

"That's not important. Where did you meet that guy anyway? Do you even know anything about him?" My eyebrows furrowed because of his questions.

"That's none of your business. Answer my question. How did you know about my boyfriend? Did you follow me last week to the restaurant?" I asked him frankly before I could even stop myself. I tried to read the emotion on his face but there was nothing I could see other than his handsome yet emotionless face.