Romeo and Julien

~ This part used to be Romeo and John, but I recently changed it because people were peeved that it wasn't Julien, which hadn't even come to me lmao. So if any new readers find comments about my poor choice in names, that's why. ~

Otp Prompt #15: Simon and Baz are both cast in Romeo & Juliet, but the roles they get are... interesting. (Tumblr Ask)

Somehow, Agatha convinced me to sign up for the Watford school play. (There's only one every four years because we don't often have time for extracurriculars at a magicks school). This year's play is Romeo and Juliet (I've read this book once- didn't understand a word). Agatha told me that I was a shoe-in for Romeo and she (of course) was going to be Juliet. It would work out perfectly. I suppose I would have been perfect for Romeo (other than my utter lack of coordination and my terrible singing voice) if fucking bloody Baz of all people hadn't decided to audition as well.

When we first got to auditions, everything was fine. Totally alright. We got in groups and practised our auditions songs (both Baz and Agatha said I sounded like a dying cat) and acted out scenes. By the end of the day, I was thoroughly beat. Exhausted on all accounts and ready to go home, even if it was with Baz. Of course he was flawless at singing, acting, and dancing. His voice sounded smooth and sweet. His feet moved like someone was moving them perfectly for him, and he acted as if someone else had entirely possessed him.

So the day after (today), everyone comes back to the theatre (a run down old thing- falling apart at the seams) to be given their roles. The theatre teacher starts listing off names one by one, stating recommended role and a secondary role that they could be considered for under certain circumstances. Of course Baz gets the role of Romeo with the secondary role of... Romeo. Literally the only role they would like him to play since he's so bloody perfect. Figures. He looks over at me and flashes me a smug smile.

Agatha would be the last to be given her role since she's toward the end, and I'm right before her. When the teacher finally gets to me, she says simply, "Simon Snow: Villager #3..." She hesitates before saying, "Or Juliet." I nearly choke on my own spit, and when I look over at Baz he's doubled over in laughter. Tears spill out of the corners of his eyes and he's holding his stomach. His laugh his big and bellowy, and for some reason, part of me feels... satisfaction? At the fact that I made him smile for real and laugh so hard. Granted, it's at my expense. Agatha's eyes bulge out of her head and she turns a bright red. (Embarrassed to be dating a male Juliet, I suppose).

"Um, er- Madame? Pardon, but what exactly made you consider me for the role of Juliet?" I'm sure my face is bright red from embarrassment as I stumble over my words. Baz looks like he's about to combust or pop a vein.

"Well, Mr. Snow, you have certain... qualities... that might make you a good candidate. Also, we thought perhaps more LGBT representation among the Watford theatre programme may be good," Baz is practically choking on his own spit and his shoulders shake with laughter. He is just loving this. "In fact, you were our first choice, but we assumed you wouldn't be interested, so we gave it to..." She glances at her list before looking back up at me. "To Agatha Wellbelove. If you want the role it's yours, but-" I look over at Baz (who has abruptly replaced his laughter with a smug smirk) and Agatha who are looking at each other. Agatha looks excited, and Baz looks thoroughly satisfied at the fact that he would be getting to snog my girlfriend. Well, I'm not about to bloody well let that happen.

"Crowley, I'll take it. I'll be Juliet- but can we maybe change the name to something a... tad more masculine?" Agatha has whipped her head toward me so fast and hard that I'm not sure it didn't give her whiplash. She glares at me and I can feel waves of angry magic rolling off of her. (Usually it's me who overflows with angry magic). Baz has schooled his expression into one of surprise and curiosity.