It's The End Of The World

Otp Prompt #17: When Baz and Simon are trapped together in their room during a storm, Simon asks what Baz would do if the world were ending. (Inspired by It's the End of the World by REM)

The rain is roaring outside and the lights went out an hour ago. The morning started gloomy and everyone went to their first three classes before students were sent back to their rooms because a bloody storm was coming in. There are spells on the school to keep small storms away from us, but this was going to be big- lightning, hail, wind; the whole fucking shebang.

And who better to spend it with than Simon fucking Snow? We were sent back nearly six hours ago- we've had to spell food for ourselves. He keeps complaining about how hungry he is. I'm bloody starving he would whine. You're always starving, I would reply. You're a magician- make yourself some food. Of course, I ultimately ended up being worried about being set on fire, so I got us some food. An hour ago, Snow and I were happily ignoring each other when the lights went out.

"What's going on?" He asked curiously. If I didn't know any better, he almost sounded scared.

"The storm blew the lights out, you git. Sometimes storms do that." I sneered at him even though he couldn't really see me. He scoffed in return and layed back on his bed.

"Crowley, I know. It just must be a bloody bad storm."

Shortly thereafter, we went back to not speaking. But now, with nothing else to do as we lay in our beds, Snow decides it would be a bloody brilliant idea to start a game. The lights are out and the sky is dark outside. He rolls over onto his side, facing me. (I can only see him because of the night vision).

"Baz?" He speaks softly, like he's afraid to disturb the peace. (This is definitely peaceful for us- a storm outside and ignoring each other).

"What, Snow?" I spit at him. He rolls his eyes but continues anyway.

"What would you do if the world were to end right now?" He asks this question like he's a kid- innocent and curious. (Although frankly, I don't think a child's voice could make me want to do such sinful things).

"What in the bloody hell kind of question is that?" What kind of person just randomly asks his enemy what he'd do if the world were ending?

"I'm bored and not tired. What would you do, or who would you see, or what would you say if the world were to end i just an hour?" What am I supposed to say? I would kiss you, I think to myself.

I decide to humour him. "I would kill you, of course," I wouldn't be afraid. "I'd say my goodbyes to family and friends," I would tell you just how much I love you. "Maybe throw a party. Celebrate." I would tell you how beautiful and alive you are, Simon Snow.

"Celebrate? The end of the world? Why would you want to do that?" His voice (surprisingly) isn't full of judgement, but rather, sadness and curiosity.

"Well why wouldn't I celebrate? I've lived a charmed life, only to go out with a bang- quite literally, I would presume." I can see him nodding his head just a bit in the dark. He contemplates for a moment before going on.

"If you could only say one thing to one person before the world ended... who would it be and what would you say?" I don't know why he's asking me these questions. I want to say, I would tell Simon Snow just how much I love him and how my whole world revolves around him. How the brightness of him hurts, and if the world ended now and I was with him, I will have lived a truly charmed life. But of course, I can't do that, so I just have to bloody well make something up.

"I would probably tell my Aunt Fiona that she turned out to not be a total fuck-up, I suppose." He seems taken aback, like he didn't expect me to really answer.

"Really?"

"Yes. What's it to you?" I sneer. His face falls and he looks away from me and toward the window for a moment.

"It's just that... well it's just sweet, that's all," We're quite for a long while, and just as he's about to say something, our window shatters, letting all of the freezing air and wind inside. (But luckily none of the rain). The room immediately gets colder, almost to an intolerable point. Snow lets out a gasp and stares at the (lack of) window, open mouthed. (Although his mouth is always open; mouth-breather).

I grab my wand and try all sorts of different spells, but nothing seems to work. Everything is deafeningly loud, and I can barely even hear Snow yelling at me to do something. Magic is radiating off of him in waves. I cast a muting spell, and it works for everything outside of the room- it's so quiet now that you could hear a pin drop. But despite the quiet of the room, I can still feel the freezing cold air from outside filtering into our room. I try to cast a warming spell on my blankets, but it's no use; it's just too cold. Snow seems to think so too, because he's shivering like one of those annoying shaking dogs from America... a Chihuahua. Even buried under mounds of blankets, it's too cold to be able to fall asleep.

I try to close my eyes, but the cold prevents me from even getting close to sleep. When I open my eyes, Snow is standing above me, looking nervous and blushing so hard (that I can even see in the dark) (he's also shivering quite a bit) that it makes me nervous.

"Er, Baz, I'm freezing and sleeping alone, well... er... I guess what I'm trying to say is that-" He looks so fucking cold that even I, selfish and cold-hearted Basilton Grimm-Pitch can't let him stay out like that- especially when he doesn't even have a shirt on.

I simply roll my eyes and scoot to the side of my bed, pulling up all of the covers and blankets on the bed so that Snow can lay down. He perks up a bit and gets comfortable down in the covers. Even under the blankets, he seems to be cold, so he snuggles in closer to me, pressed completely against my side. (Not that I'm bloody complaining). Crowley it feels amazing, and because I'm totally weak and spineless, I let myself give in a bit. As I wrap my arms around him, I feel infinitely warmer, inside and out.

Before long, Snow starts talking again, quieter this time. "Hey, Baz?"

"Yes Snow?" I try to sigh his name like he's a bother, but it comes out too breathy.

"Do you know what I would do if the world were ending soon?" He tilts his head up to look me in the eyes, and my heart leaps.

"I suppose it would be easier just to show you..." He mutters (mostly to him-fucking-self; he does that a lot) as he leans forward slightly. I lean forward to meet him in the middle (hoping that this is what he wants) and we bump noses before he softly presses his lips to mine. (They're better than in my fantasies- they're warm and soft and real). He leans back after a moment, looking me in the eyes again.

"If the world were ending in just an hour... I would tell you that I love you." Is he serious? I can't help but think that this is some sort of twisted and cruel joke. But looking at him, so tired and so vulnerable- I know it's real. I can't help the grin that spreads on my face as I reply to him.

"If the world were ending in an hour I would tell my enemy, Simon Snow, that I am in love with him." He smiles back up at me, and I lean in for another kiss. (This one lasts for hours).

I kiss him like it's the end of the world.