In My Shoes (Literally)

COC #2: Role Swap

*Simon's POV*

"Godfuckingdamnit!" I yell in frustration as a spell I try to cast fails again. It's a simple spell, really; one designed to have two objects switch places. Even the name of the spell is simple! It is designed so that first years can literally not ever pronounce it wrong, yet I've been trying to execute it for the past hour, failing each time. Every single time I try it, the objects stay exactly the same. Except for when I tried it on a banana and a scone; the scone started to taste like a banana and the banana a scone.

Just as I shout the spell for the umpteenth time, Baz walks in. "Swap Places, God Damnit!" All of the words come out as magic instead of just the first two words. Baz falls to the floor and just as I'm rushing to him, I fall, too.

...

I feel cold all over and my back aches from being on the floor. As I move to get up, I stumble over my legs; it's as if they grew three inches all of the sudden. I shake my head and move to get up again, going to see if Baz is okay.

Only, when I look around the room, I'm not where I fell. And in front of me is most certainly not the graceful and handsome git of a roommate Baz. Instead it's... well it's me. I take in an audible breath as I look down and see that I am... somehow... stuffed inside Baz's body. His long hair (my long hair?) brushes against my neck, and my gums hurt for some reason. I run to our en suite as fast I can, just to be sure.

Sure enough, looking back at me in the mirror (I wasn't sure if it would work; I thought maybe Baz couldn't see himself in the mirror) is the arsehole himself. His slightly crooked nose, high cheekbones, long hair and cold gray eyes. Instead of feeling how I usually do (like I'm constantly on the verge of outwardly exploding), it feels like everything is caving in on me. I feel a panic in my chest, and I can hardly see straight.

Just as I feel like things could not possibly get bloody worse, I hear a scream from our room. "WHAT IN THE BLOODY FUCKING HELL DID YOU DO THIS TIME, SNOW?!" I run out to see Baz (in my body) whipping around to face me. (Face himself?) He looks angry, except it doesn't quite work on my features. His normal Baz-sneer looks more like me trying to do a Baz sneer. In short, it looks wildly hilarious and I can't help but let out a laugh. "What. The fuck. Is so. Bloody. Funny?" Hearing his menacing tone come out in my voice is disorienting. My face falls into what feels like the authentic Baz sneer that I'm on the receiving end of so often.

The room is turning red and hot, and I can feel myself start sweating. The room is pulsing and my mouth is sticky with what feels like... magic. My magic. (Baz's magic, now?) I feel... scared? Is this how Baz feels when I normally go off? He's breathing fast and hard, and he looks scared, too. I can see it in his eyes. I slowly start to walk toward him, guiding him to sit on my bed as I squat in front of him.

*Baz's POV*

I feel like a chimney clogged up with smoke. Like a kettle with too much steam, a glass with too much water and a star with too much energy.

I am likely to burst.

I don't know exactly how I got to feel this way. One second I was just walking in the door, hearing Simon shout something, and then I was on the floor. Then, when I woke up, I was stuck in his body. I could feel the absence of my hair on my neck and I could no longer feel where my fangs were held in my gums. As soon as I woke up, I knew- I knew that Simon had something to do with this. He can't even spell his bloody laces tied.

And then he came out, looking like me and fucking laughing of all the goddamn things, and sneering at me with my face and I-

I can only see red. I'm overflowing, magic hot and thick on my tongue and rising to the surface of my skin. I'm sweating and panting, and all I can feel and all I can hear and all I can smell is smoke, smoke, smoke. This is what it feels like to be a star. I can feel Simon's hand (my body's hand???) rubbing on my back as I cough through the smoke filling my lungs. No, I revise my earlier statement. This is what it feels like to be an exploding star.