The Stars Taunt Us- Ch. 3

Okay, so this chapter is much better when you're listening to music if you can. Here are the songs I listened to while writing it, in order:

- Give Me Love, Ed Sheeran

- Bite, Troye Sivan

- A Drop in the Ocean, Ron Pope

- Make it to Me, Sam Smith

- Creep, Radiohead

- Apocalypse, Cigarettes After Sex

- All I Ask, Adele (I strongly recommend listening to this one at the end of this. It adds a lot to the emotion.)

Anyway, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to happen in this one, so I hope you enjoy!

____________________________

*Baz's POV*

I wasn't expecting this. Simon Snow down on one knee with a ring in his hand, telling me to take a chance on us. When I don't speak right away, he says just that.

"Come on, Baz. Take a chance on us..." But that's just the thing, I want to say to him. I already did, all that time ago at Watford. Part of me wants to fling into his arms and scream about how fucking much I accept his proposal. But the other part of me just... it doesn't fucking feel it. We've been together for two months and they've been good. (Not as good as when we were first together- nothing could compare to that.) You wanted him to propose ages ago, my pesky brain tells me. What the fuck is stopping you now?

"I... I, erm- I just," I've never stuttered this much before, and I think it's making Simon nervous. "Simon, I need a week. Just a week to think about it. It's... a lot to take in." He once again looks like a kicked puppy, but not all of the hope has drained out of his eyes. (Crowley, I feel just awful for making him feel so unhappy.) (Screw that; he made me unhappy for a year.) He nods slowly and gets up to stand right in front of me. I go to hand him back the ring, but he stops me.

"Baz, it's for you. Whether you accept the proposal or not, that's the ring I bought for you. You can keep it," I nod and tuck it safely into my shirt pocket. (It really is a bloody wonderful ring- the inscription made my heart flutter.) "I can give you all of the time to think in the world, love. Just know that I love you." Where was that love a year ago? My heart wants to ask. But he scoops me into a long, slow kiss. I remember how I loved the way his jaw moved so long ago, and I try to focus on that instead of the itchy feeling that kissing him gives me.

I don't know when that happened. For so long after the break-up, I craved his touch. I just want to feel his lips, his hands, his wings. But I suppose that now each touch feels a tad tainted; like I'm letting a stranger touch me. I mean, I know Simon very, very well. He hasn't changed all too much since we were together. But for some reason, I just hasn't felt the same as how it did before he broke my heart. (Maybe broke isn't the right word- hearts don't break. He stole my heart. Or maybe it simply stopped working for a little while.)

Then again, these past two months haven't been terrible. Going out to do stuff with him has been fun, and every now again we tease like old times. We hold hands, which isn't all around unpleasant. Just like now; we're sitting back at the table drinking our drinks while we hold hands across the table. I could imagine doing this for the rest of my life. (However long that is- I still don't know about the whole possible immortality.) I can imagine having nice afternoons with Simon and going to bed with him, back to back. Maybe occasionally together together. Maybe we could get a dog. (And not for eating purposes.) Yeah, that sounds just fine.