I'm Always Sure Of You

Otp Prompt #19: Simon insists that he's okay with Baz's homosexuality. So okay, in fact, that he demands that they go on a double date (Baz with Niall and Simon with Agatha). Of course, Simon is angry when Agatha seems to express interest in Niall... so he decides to flirt with Baz to make her jealous.

    "Baz, it's fine," I insist as he rolls his eyes. "I'm fine. I swear- here how's this?" I take a step closer to him while setting up my proposition. "How about we go on a double date so I can show you how okay with it I am. I'm so okay with it." I never thought Baz was gay. I mean, it would explain why he never had a girlfriend (but not how he never had a boyfriend- I would suspect that a fit bloke like him would attract every non-straight guy at Watford), but I just... I suppose I never thought about it before. But trying not to think about it after I found a pride flag in his notebook (he was showering and plotting- I was snooping) was bloody hard.
    He raises an eyebrow at me now (he knows I fucking hate it when he does that) before replying. "Snow, you don't have to-"
    I cut him off in a rush. "I know! I know I don't have to but I want to. Agatha and I, and you and some bloke." He thinks for a moment. (I didn't think he'd actually consider it).
    "I'd have to find a date." He sneers at me. (But a soft sneer, if that makes sense).
    "Crowley, I'm sure it won't be hard for you to find one..." I mutter, mostly to myself. He sighs defeatedly, and I know I've won. (Probably because he knows I'd never let up).

...

Agatha isn't happy when I tell her the news. "Baz is what?!" She whispers furiously in the hall I pulled her off to.
"Gay, Agatha. But that's not the point. The point is that we're going on a double date
with him and a bloke this Saturday. Okay?" Her entire face falls, and I can almost hear the words that are probably pinging around in her head. 'If Baz is gay, I don't have a chance,' or 'Maybe I can convert him.' But that's not how it works. Because 1. She has a boyfriend, 2. Baz is our enemy, and 3. You can't just convert someone. That's not how it works, even if Agatha is the most beautiful girl at Watford. (If converting was possible, I'm sure Baz'd probably convert about half of the Watford boys).
    She thinks for a moment before saying, "I thought you hated Baz..."
    "I do," The response is almost like an immediate reaction. Like I don't even think about the answer before responding. It's like the way it's supposed to be- always has been. It's a sure thing; like night and day. You can always count on the sun to come back up, and the moon to come out later, just as you can count on me hating Baz. "I do, but I just want to show him that I support him."
    "Why?" She crinkles her nose and furrows her brow. Why do I want to support Baz? I suppose I don't really bloody know.
    "Well because I... well I- I don't really know, Aggie. It just feels like the thing to do." As she nods her head, I smile and squeeze her hand before walking away, mentally preparing myself to see Baz in class when I feel as though I know some sort of big secret that is meant only for my ears. (Even though technically he never formally told me- I had to find out by snooping).

...

    Baz looks weirdly handsome in a green suit. Granted, he looks bloody handsome in anything (the tosser), but this green suit looks especially good on him. It fits him just right, snug in the correct places without showing off too much (although I suppose he does have plenty to show off, I'm sure). His hair (usually slicked back) is falling in waves around his face, framing his sharp jawline and cheekbones. (It makes his eyes look bluer; his hair, that is). He made reservations at an Italian restaurant off campus (we got special permission from The Mage to go), so everyone is dressed up kind of fancy. I felt like a blundering git when I had to ask Baz to borrow a suit. He had a grey one that fit me just fine.
    Getting ready together is kind of weird- especially since we're going out together in a little bit. Well not together together. Just... to the same place. Usually when we get ready in the morning, we go to the same place but we leave at different times. Now, we're wordlessly moving around each other, getting ready separately to go to the same place at the same time. Every now and then I'll look over at Baz and he'll say 'Stop staring, Snow,' so I'll look away and blush. (I can't help but blush. Not because I'm embarrassed or anything, but because it's my body's knee jerk reaction).
    I decide to break the awkward silence as we're finishing getting ready and putting our shoes on. "So... who are you going with?" He looks at me curiously but then just sneers.
    "Niall," He says it simply, but when seeing my eyes pop out of my head, he clarifies. "We're not together, you bloody halfwit. Although he's bi, he's not my type." He lets out a short laugh and I can't help but wonder who actually is his type. Probably someone posh and rich and perfectly controlled.
    "So then why not go with someone you like?" I inquire. He looks at me for a moment, thinking. (Maybe plotting).
    "I am a collectible that very few can acquire, Snow," He scoffs and stands, looking at me expectantly. "Ready?" I nod and get up to open the door for him. He simply rolls his eyes and says (voice heavy with sarcasm), "How chivalrous." I just roll my eyes and close the door behind us.