Not So Secret

COC #25: Undercover

The one where Penny is oblivious as she creeps on the suspicious-acting Simon.

~ A little longer one for you frens. Hope you like it! Enjoy! ~

Simon has been acting right crackers lately. (I should know- I'm his best friend.) He's been rushing off to places in a right haste, and he even skipped breakfast this morning. When I asked him about it, he said he had just slept in late. Only Simon never sleeps in late- especially not when sour cherry scones are on the line. But he usually tells me when something's going on with him. He's been acting off for near a week now, and I should know why. (I repeat; I'm his best bloody friend!) Also, I've noticed he's started walking into meals with Baz. Maybe not with him, but... a few feet away from him, at the very least. And there's less hostility in the air. Maybe it's a good sign, but with them I can never tell.

So I've decided to take the situation into my own hands. In a sense. I'm going undercover. Which will be right bloody weird since I usually go on 'sting operations' (as Micah calls them) with Simon. But this time it's just me. Right before dinner I cast a cloaking spell on myself so he won't see me. (He may be a bit concerned as to why I'm not at dinner, but somehow I suspect he's got other things on his mind.) Anyways, I run out of Cloisters and see Baz and Simon walking toward the dining hall. Together. And not just a few feet away from each other, but right up close, shoulders touching. Peculiar.

As I inch closer, I catch the tail end of Simon saying something to Baz. (In a much kinder tone than I've heard him use with Baz before.) "-feel bad about lying to her." Baz puts a hand on his shoulder and right as I'm about to lunge forward and protect Simon- he leans into it, the bastard. I can barely keep my feet walking straight as I see the gesture, but for the sake of secrecy, I keep steady.

Baz replies (without a sneer or anything!) "I know, love," Love? When in the bloody hell have they started using the word love? Crowley. "But we can't do anything until we know for sure what... this is." Simon huffs and pulls away from Baz, stumbling over his own feet a bit. He seems a bit put out when he looks back at Baz. He takes his hand and his expression softens.

"I know what this is to me, Baz. And I think you know, too. We've been on like this for near a week now, even though it feels like it's been longer. How are you not sure about this?" Baz is silent for a moment before hesitantly pulling his hand out of Simon's. This what? Friendship, maybe? Momentary truce? But Simon would've told me of that...

"It's just... you know how I've felt the past seven years, Snow. So you know how I feel about... this. But I can't help but think it's a trick-"

"It's not a trick!"

"-or some ruse so that you can get closer to me only to kill me. Granted, I'd probably let you in a heartbeat-"

Simon's eyes show that he wants Baz to look back over at him. We're near the dining hall now, and they've started to separate a bit. "Hey," Simon grabs his hand again and pulls him to a more private wall near the dining hall building. People are milling about, but no one pays any attention to the bloody thinghappening right now. (Except me, of course.) "Don't talk like that. Baz, you know I..." He sighs and looks back at Baz and puts on his thinking face. Baz just stares at him, waiting for him to say the next thing. (But Simon's never been good with words.)

"You what, Simon?" Baz prompts. Simon just shakes his head, thinks for a moment, and then looks back up at Baz's face with resolve. (The same face he gets as he's about to fight monsters. Determined, even if there's a large possibility it'll bloody well kill him.)

"Fuck it," He mutters. He grabs Baz by the collar and- kisses him?! Nicks and slicks! I don't know what I was expecting, but that was not it. (After thinking for a moment during their snog, I suppose it's not all that surprising. It's just more surprising that he didn't tell me.) After a minute or so, Simon pulls back just enough so that he can speak. I have to lean in to hear him. "I want you. I want this. I- I love you, Baz." I take in a deep gasp and the boys turn their heads, but after seeing nothing (thank god for the long lasting extra spell I put on), they turn back and look at each other. Baz grins wider than I've ever seen him before.

"You're a fucking disaster." They both smile more before he says, "And you know I love you too, Snow." Simon frowns, which is met by a raised brow from Baz.

"You called me Simon, before." Baz chuckles.

"I did no such-" Simon pulls him back in again, for a more proper snog than the last. Before they let go, they talk about dating. Aleistar Crowley, I think they're going bloody steady, now. But - like the good friend he is - Simon tells Baz they can't be seen out together before he tells me. (He also says he has no idea when that'll be- but soon, he promises.) Baz agrees like a good boyfriend (boyfriends. It'll take me a bloody second to adjust to that) and they walk in the dining hall again. Together together... but still separate.

Bloody hell. How am I going to get him to tell me?