Fill Me Up

OTP Prompt #34: Simon and Baz started as friends. Simon thinks he might like Penny, and despite Baz being hopelessly in love with him, friends help friends with these kinds of things.

~ Y'all I'm hella gay. 

Anyway, this one is for the amazing @Skylar_Snow24. This one was super fun to write. Enjoy, my loves! ~

*Baz's POV*

Simon Snow is going to be the death of me. He's been the death of me - for bloody years - but it's taken a new and exciting turn, now. (Exciting is the wrong word. More like... a turn that will likely cause me emotional turmoil and existential dread for the rest of my bloody life.) We've been friends; like brothers since first year. The only setback to the whole living-with-my-best-friend arrangement is that I am hopelessly gone for the git. It doesn't help that I'm always the one to help him with homework. (A wreck, he is.) I'm the one that sat with him when he thought he fancied Wellbelove. I'm the one that has to fucking sit on my bed and try not to watch him change every Merlin-forsaken morning. (I fail. Every morning.)

And now I'm sitting here listening to the bloke I love say he thinks he likes Bunce. Bunce. Our third musketeer since about second year. I'm not sure how he found her, but I'm quite sure I didn't like it at first. It was just Simon and I for so long and then she showed up. However I thought I wouldn't have to worry about Simon falling for her since she's got that American bloke in the states. (Well she did. They broke up a few months ago.) But he's on my bed now (Crowley is he on my bed) whinging like an ankle-biter. I can only sit here and listen. (I wish I knew how to be done with Simon Snow. But it's better than nothing.)

"S'like this; I always thought she was just Penny. Y'know? She's just always been there to help and shit. But now I'm thinking about what if all this time I've- fuck, I dunno. Liked her?" He's running his hands through his (magnificent) hair and he's flopped face first into my pillow. (It's going to smell like him when I sleep tonight. I can't tell if the universe is trying to reward me or kill me. Perhaps both.)

"Snow-"

"Bazzy you know I hate Snow-"

"And you know I hate Bazzy."

"C'mon Basil, just call me Si-"

"I hate you-"

"You love me-" Yes I do. This is how most of our conversations go in the beginning. I give it up after he says I love him. Because what argument could I possibly have for that?

"Anyway. So. You think you like Bunce?"

"Yes. Maybe I always have?"

"That might be rubbish. Just because you know someone for a long time doesn't mean you're going to fall in love with them, Snow." He rolls his perfectly (extra)ordinary eyes at me.

"'Kay but you don't know tha-"

"Well you haven't fallen in love with me, so actually-"

"That's because I'm not into blokes, mate." He lets out a laugh then (albeit a nervous

one) and I can only laugh with him. Laugh at myself. Because what else is there to do when you're in love with your grossly heterosexual best mate? "So will you help me?"

"Help you what?" I don't like where this is going.

"Merlin Baz for someone so posh and clever, you can be right thick sometimes. Help me get with Penny. Just to. Y'know." He shrugs. (He's made of shrugs. That and fire. So much fire in one person.) I want to say no. Crowley I want to scream NO and run away, leaving fire in my wake with every step. I'd like to shout it from the rooftops and then be eaten inside out (by Snow, in my fantasies) by my very own fire, leaving nothing but ash. Like flash paper. Then I want Snow to mourn me and never take a lover out of respect for the dead. But perhaps that's a bit dramatic.