Gaining Love

COC #26: Missing/Deleted Scene

In sixth year, Simon arrives on Baz's doorstep with nowhere else to go. Things ensue.

~ Getting so close to the end. Almost there... I can make it! Anyway, I'm fairly happy with this one- let me know what you guys think. Enjoy! ~

"Someone is at the door," Mordelia pokes her little head into my room to tell me. I glare at her. (Which is bloody hard when she's still so young and cute- even I have a right soft spot for ankle-biters.)

"Knock," I state simply. She giggles a bit and pretends to be irritated, but she goes out, closes the door and knocks cheerfully on my door. "You may enter." I call out. She bounces back into my room.

"Someone's here to see you, Baz. Mummy sent me to tell you." Probably Dev or Niall- although Niall lives a bit away and Dev usually calls to tell me he's coming.

"Thank you, Mordelia-" And as she's turning to leave, I call back after her, "Do you know who it is?" She shakes her head back and forth quickly. We're on Winter break in the middle of the school year- it's snowing fucking cats and dogs out there. (I know fuck-all about that expression and less about cats or dogs- just that they taste well enough.)

"No, but he's got curly hair and he looks not very good." I quirk an eyebrow, but she leaves after that, bouncing down along the hall with her infernal stuffed vampire.

I walk down the staircase, trying to look as though I'm not eager to see who's at the door. And when I finally get down there, it seems that my eagerness was well bloody had. Because as I open my front door, I see Simon fucking Snow on my porch. (Not only covered in snow, but looking absolutely dead on his feet.) He's got bruises and cuts all over his face, and he's swaying on his feet- in ripped clothes nonetheless! (Also, dare I say it, he's paler than I am.)

"Crowley- Snow?" I inquire. His eyes droop and he sways even more, visibly shuddering. (I should invite him in, now. But even though I'm right bloody worried, I've still a facade to maintain.)

"Didn't have anywhere else t'go..." And he promptly faints into my arms. (In other circumstances I'd say he fell for me. Or perhaps was swooning.) I catch him more from surprise than anything. He sags in my arms and I hoist him up a bit, trying (and failing) to get him to stand up. I shut the door with my toe and finally give up, picking him up bridal style instead. (I'll clean the mess in our entryway later- father will be mad, but perhaps he'll understand when I explain.)

I take Simon (I can only call him that in my head; one of the simpler pleasures and tortures in life) to my room, not minding the dirt and snow that trails behind us along the way. I pile him on top of my bed and shut my door. (Completely disregarding father's rule about closed doors when boys are over.) He's still out and I decide to assess the situation while I can.

I can't quite get my god forsaken mind to move on from the fact that Simon Snow came to my house willingly. He's in my house. In my bed. Granted, it's under different circumstances than I'd typically like... But anyway. He's pale and roughed up and it seems like he's about to go off even as he's out. I know I don't have much time to fix things before he gets up, so I grab my wand and hastily get to work.

First I take his shirt off. (Again, in a much different way than I'd like to.) There are bruises and cuts all over his freckle-splattered chest. I mend the cuts and watch them heal before trying my best to heal the bruises. Some but not all go away. Then I spell off his trousers, leaving him in only his pants. (He's bloody gorgeous, unsurprisingly. We haven't undressed in front of each other before- this is the first I've witnessed the near full of his angelicness.) I mend the cuts and bruises there, too. Before I do anything else, I Clean as a Whistle the mess he made coming in so I won't get yelled at later. (Perhaps I still will, the Chosen being a new houseguest, now.)