Chapter 15

Taking a deep breath, I stand before the full length mirror. Turning side on, I ensure that my newly formed bump is hidden beneath the black floor length dress. As Robin promised, the one shoulder dress clings across my chest to just beneath my bust, but then falls gracefully to the floor, keeping our secret.

"No one will know." Daniel comments as he walks behind me. He's dressed in a black, custom made suit with a white shirt, and no tie. His longer hair has somehow been tamed into submission, and his stubble has been neatened.

I feel my mouth fall open at the sight of him. On the outside, Daniel is back to how he looked before the shooting... perfect. However, on the inside I know how stressed he feels about the party the studio are throwing for him, so I want to make sure he enjoys himself. I grin at our reflection in the mirror as he approaches me.

"You look incredibly handsome, Mr Weston." Running my hand across his cheek, I step forward so I'm directly in front of him. Even though I'm wearing high black sandals, I still have to stand up on my tiptoes to reach his lips.

Making me shriek in surprise, Daniel pulls me flush against him. "You." He places a kiss firmly on my lips. "Look." Daniel kisses the soft spot beneath my ear. "Exquisite." He then nibbles down the side of my neck before kissing swiftly back up to return his attention  to my lips.

The door to the hotel suite knocks, disturbing our moment. I groan loudly. "You better pick up where you left off when we get back!" I chuckle, but mean every word.

"I promise you'll be screaming my name within... hmmm..." he looks at me with a devilish grin. "Fifteen minutes of us being back in this room." He then kisses me passionately making my knees buckle.

The door knocks again, this time a little more urgently. "OK... OK... we're on our way!" I shout in frustration.

Daniel drops to his knees and cups my bump. "Now, you two... listen up. You are about to hear your Daddy talk a lot of shit to a lot of pretentious idiots! But, don't worry... it's all part of the game we have to play." He kisses my bump before standing back up.

"I don't think they can hear us yet." I laugh as he shrugs.

"Oh well... let's get this show on the road!"

****

We walk hand in hand up the steps of the stunning hotel. With an overly helpful assistant we are directed into the function room where the party is being held.

I frown as the doors are closed. But standing waiting for Daniel is a tall, sleek, middle aged man. His crisp navy blue suit compliments his tan, but his veneers are a little too white in comparison.

"Daniel!" He bellows before enthusiastically striding towards us, and shaking Daniel's hand.

"Henry, good to see you." Daniel beams back with an enormous smile.

I know by now that Daniel's game face is firmly in place, so I mirror him. God, my jaw is going to be aching within minutes, I internally moan.

"You must be Lizzie? Well, Daniel, you said she was beautiful... but you never said she was flawless." Henry's enthusiasm is a little overwhelming.

I feel my mask slip for just a second at his use of the word flawless. Inside I feel my stomach flip unpleasantly at his choice of words. Flawless... exactly what Georgia called me. Daniel must sense my sudden tenseness because he wraps his arm around my waist and swiftly kisses my forehead.

"Lizzie... this Henry Goldbauch. He's president of the studio."

I correct my expression back to a warm smile as he kisses both my cheeks. "Hello, Henry. Thank you for the invitation."