Chapter 25

Eve bustles into our kitchen like an out of breath, crimson faced, whirlwind. I watch her intently in her flustered state. Her left hand holds her leather laptop case, while she grips a folder underneath her right elbow. I didn't expect her to look how she does. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't Eve. She looks more like a nursery teacher than a luxury estate agent.

Gesturing for her to take a seat while I pop the kettle on, I absorb her soft and gentle features. Her white blouse barely contains her enormous cleavage, making me feel a little sorry for the buttons that look perilously close to bursting. The blouse is tucked into a deep purple floor length skirt, which again looks as though it is struggling to contain her curves.

Once she has placed everything onto the kitchen table, she sits down heavily on a dining chair. She lets out a high pitched moan before rubbing her fingers through her wayward brown hair. While she takes her glasses from her handbag, I steal a glance at Daniel who is still standing barefoot and gorgeous in the doorway.

I grin towards him discreetly while he smirks cheekily back at me. He mouthes I love you before he takes a seat opposite Eve, the smirk never leaving his plump lips.

"It's such a pleasure to finally meet you both. I know I'm going to be able to find the perfect home for you and your expanding family." She beams at both of us as the redness of her cheeks begins to fade.

"Tea? Coffee?" I ask when the kettle boils.

"Oooh, lovely. Tea, two sugars and milky, please." Eve's tone sounds like the offer of a cup of tea is the kindest gesture she has ever received.

"Busy day?" Daniel asks to make conversation while Eve loads up her laptop.

"You have no idea!" She chuckles in such a friendly way that I can't help but smile along with her. "I've just spent all morning with a footballer and his model girlfriend. If I hear the words it's just not bling enough, babe, one more time, I might scream!"

Daniel bellows with laughter. "Well, I can assure you that those words will not pass either of our lips."

"I'm not even sure what that means." I giggle while I place Eve's cup of tea and Daniel's coffee down onto the dining table. I decide to stick to water as just the smell of the hot drinks is making my stomach churn violently.

Taking a seat next to Daniel, I reach across to hold his hand. When our fingers intertwine he looks over to me and winks. I grin in return to show I'm OK.

"Right... you two! Daniel sent over quite a list of requirements, some an absolute must, and some that are negotiable. The main thing I have gathered from the list is that privacy is key, which I completely understand." Eve gives us both a sympathetic look before she continues. "I have found six properties that I think will tick some of the boxes. They range in price from £5 million to £25 million..."

I choke painfully on the water that I was currently drinking. Daniel slaps my back until I have the coughing under control. My eyes are streaming, and I can feel how flushed my cheeks are. "S-sorry." I stutter. "Please continue."

Eve looks perplexed by my reaction as she looks from me to Daniel.

"She's struggling with the budget a little." Daniel says quietly to explain my over reaction.

"Understandable, my dear. We're not talking normal sums now are we?" She smiles wholeheartedly making me feel relaxed. "Now, I've bought all the brochures with me and then I have move information on my laptop. I thought if we could half the list today, and then that'll leave us with three properties to go and view."

"Sounds good." I comment as confidently as I can, knowing I need to pull myself together... fast.

Eve places the six brochures onto the table in front of us. My eyes open wide at just how beautiful the front of each of the potential houses appear. Daniel calmly picks up the brochure directly before him and flicks through it. "No good." He says simply, tossing it down.