Chapter 41

For a split second the world seems to stop spinning, Coldplay's Yellow which is being played by a string quartet fades to silence and everyone else around melts away... except for him.

His back is to me when the doors open, but I can tell from his stiff posture that he is nervous. The black tuxedo jacket is clearly made just for him, sculpted to his broad shoulders. Daniel's short black hair is tamed perfectly into submission, making my heart stop beating for a second.

I suddenly realise that I haven't taken a single step within the cream marquee as my Dad gently tugs at my arm with a knowing and reassuring smile. As though the world suddenly begins to turn again, the beautiful music floods my ears and I take in the sight before me.

The inside of the marquee is adorned with an abundance of cream roses, our small number of guests are sat on pale wooden chairs with the end seats decorated with even more elaborate rose displays. As Daniel has not yet turned to look at me, I take the opportunity to see who is here. My heart swells when I realise that only the people we truly care about are here. Callum makes eye contact with me briefly and mimes sorry with a cheeky grin. I stifle a laugh when I remember our conversation from earlier today.

All thoughts of anything else are forgotten when Oscar, who is standing next to Daniel as his best man, softly nudges his arm to signal that it is time for him to turn around.

Feeling like everything is happening in slow motion, I watch the love of my life cautiously rotate himself to face me. My eyes are glued to him as though he might disappear if I look away.

When his eyes finally reach mine, they open wide before he smiles his million dollar smile, dimples and all, causing my breath to hitch in my throat. His stubble is short and neat, just the way I like it. I return his smile and feel my entire face light up. Daniel raises his hand to cover his heart, and swiftly bites his lip like he is trying to keep his emotions in check.

In a few short steps, I'm level with him. I turn towards my Dad who kisses my cheek before releasing me. Daniel steps forward to shake my Dad's hand, and from the angle I'm standing at I can see how Daniel's eyes are glistening. My Dad swiftly moves out of the way as I turn to pass my bouquet to Sarah.

"You look exquisite." Daniel whispers just loud enough for me to hear as we face the registrar. "More beautiful than I ever dreamed."

"Thank you, and thank you for this." I whisper back while gliding my fingers across the fabric of my dress to then intertwine my fingers with his... making us one. "You look pretty good yourself."

The formalities are short and heartfelt, just the way I would have chosen them myself... no gimmicks or cheesy verses... just two people who desperately want to be married. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife... you may kiss the bride!" The registrar grins over his glasses.

Without another seconds pause, I kiss him softly. When I pull away slightly to look up at him, he cups my face in his large hands. Daniel rests his forehead against mine. "Finally... Mrs Weston." He murmurs gently.

"Finally!" I repeat before kissing him again.

The guests erupt in applause, whistling and cheering while we kiss. The noise makes us both chuckle, and I feel a slight blush rise on my cheeks.

We turn to face our loved ones with enormous grins. "We did it!" Daniel practically shouts to the continued cheers of our loved ones.

"About bloody time!" Jeremy teases, earning him an elbow to the ribs from Caroline.

I feel as though we're walking on air when we make our way back down the aisle out into the sunshine.

The next couple of hours rush passed as though it's only seconds. The time is filled with endless photographs, hugs and congratulations from our loved ones.