Chapter 33

Groaning loudly as I lean over to put my converse on, I feel the babies fight in protest inside of me at suddenly being squashed. "Guys, I'm sorry but I'm not asking Daddy to do this for me yet!" I mumble defiantly. Wriggling my left foot into my shoe the sudden agony of cramp shoots up my calf making me groan even louder when I begin to stamp wildly along the cream carpet. "Shit, bastard!" I mutter loudly through gritted teeth.

"What are you doing?" Daniel asks quickly, stepping into our new bedroom. His eye widen in surprise when he sees me stamping repeatedly.

"Cramp!" I snap as I continue to grimace and stretch my leg. I rest my hand on the newly decorated navy wall adorned with white photo frames.

"Come here." He drops to his knees and puts his expert hands on me, kneading and rubbing my calf until the sensation has gone.

Letting out a whoosh of relieved breath, I sit down back down on the bed in exhaustion. "Thank you." I pick up my other converse, but Daniel takes it out of my hands.

"Why are you so bloody stubborn?" He glares up at me before he puts on my converse with a stern expression. "See, how easy was that!"

I'm not sure how to reply without sounding like a snappy bitch, so I just nod, not wanting to appear ungrateful.

"You look exhausted." Daniel reaches up to gently stroke my cheek. I lean into him, enjoying the warmth of his hand against my skin.

"I feel it!" Chuckling in response, I rub my stomach. "Just a few aches and pains keeping me awake the last few nights."

Daniel nods in understanding, and softly caresses my stomach through my blouse. "I'm so glad you're OK with our Mom's sorting the wedding. I think they are really enjoying finding a venue. Mom says she's got so many contacts that she's been inundated with offers to sort something out."

I roll my eyes discreetly, fully aware that Madison is revelling in the attention she is receiving from both her well connected friends and more importantly, Daniel. "As long as we are married within the next month, and the wedding will be quiet and simple, I'm happy for them to arrange it. But, if either of them," I want to say Madison, but I bite my tongue, "start getting carried away then please say you have my back with telling them no."

"Of course, but they won't! They know we want to be married before the babies are here, and before Caroline has her baby, so it needs to be within the next four weeks. We've made that clear. I just feel that with me going into preproduction for my next movie, and you working a shit load of hours on the Banner Hotels project, as well as sorting the two houses... organising a wedding would be too much at the moment!"

"We could just do it here..." I mumble quietly.

"Babe, I want you... us to have a day to remember. The fact that we can have something special that won't stress you out is a bonus."

"Here would be special, we have acres of land to do it..." I bite my lip nervously, knowing I'm moving the goalposts after I agreed to let them plan our wedding.

"Don't you want them to organise it?" He sits down on the bed, eyeing me cautiously.

"Erm..."

"Do you know it's the first time in my entire life that my Mom has ever put herself out for me." Daniel looks down at his hands before beginning to rub them together.

"Really?" My tone shows my surprise at the sudden change in conversation, but I'm unable to hide my reaction because he's never really discussed his feelings towards Madison before.

"Yeah..." he speaks quietly, never looking up. "You're so lucky to have a Mom and Dad like yours, you know that right?"

"I know I am, but you have them both now too."