Chapter 31

Stepping back from the pale lemon wall I have just finished painting, I wipe the sweat off my brow with the back of my hand with a tired grin on my face. Feeling the babies wriggle inside makes my smile broaden further. "I know, I can't wait for you to see it. I think it looks perfect." I say honestly, stroking my ever-growing belly through one of Daniel's old t.shirts and maternity leggings.

"You've got more paint on you than you do on the walls!" Daniel exclaims from the doorway making me jump, his tone is laced with humour.

I glance down at my bare arms to see the spatters of paint that practically cover my skin. "Give me a kiss!" I smirk devilishly as I approach him, thinking he won't let me near him when I'm covered in wet paint.

He cups my belly before wrapping his arms around me. "I'll always kiss you." He mutters against my lips. Immediately his tongue invades my mouth taking my breath away. I return his passion equally, hearing him groan softly.

When we finally part, my knees feel as though they will buckle. Daniel must sense my imbalance because he holds me flush against him. "You've done too much, you promised you'd take it easy. You've done the whole fucking room." He gently scolds me.

I turn in his arms to face the freshly painted room. "We agreed, Mr Weston. I could decorate this room if I allow your friend, Callum and his band of merry men to do the rest!" Leaning back against his chest, I feel him press a firm kiss to the back of my paint splattered head.

He chuckles. "I think agreed is going a little far. You announced that you wanted to decorate the entire house yourself, which I said was out of the question! Then you said you would allow me to get a team in if you could do the babies room yourself... what choice did I have?"

I shrug, knowing I didn't give him much of a choice. "How are they getting on down there?"

"He knows we're working to a pretty tight deadline, so they're all working hard!  You've already seen our bedroom. The Living room is just about done, so now they've moved onto the kitchen." He leans down to talk into my ear. "Our bed is due to be delivered later today too." Daniel kisses down the side of my neck making me shudder.

"I cannot wait for us to move in." Stepping away from Daniel, I see that his face and arms are now smudged with lemon paint.

"Callum reckons two more weeks, and the basics will be done. At least we can move in while he sorts the rest... and the basement." Daniel wiggles his eyebrows cheekily when he mentions the two vacant rooms in the basement that are soon to be converted into a gym and a cinema room.

I roll my eyes dramatically. "Bloody cinema room!" I mutter playfully.

"You're going to love it and you know it!" He bellows with laughter.

"When does your enormous TV arrive?" I tease him, remembering how long it took him to just pick out a TV for the living room.

"Which one... for the living room, kitchen or bedroom?" He looks at me, feigning confusion.

"You're such a prat!" I giggle.

"I know!" He grins back at me. "The weather is beautiful out there, and there's no way you're doing any more work. Callum is in control. So, shall we have a stroll up to the village pub?"

Turning to look back around the room, I know from the pain that's beginning to emit from my lower back that I'm done for the day. "Sounds lovely, just let me get changed."

We soon step out into the sunshine, and meander arm in arm along the country lane to the local village pub. "You're so lovely." I say absentmindedly, not intending to actually say anything out loud.