thirteen

at this point, over the four weeks, they had meshed into one friend group. jeno, jaemin, renjun, and donghyuck on one side of the table. then jisung, chenle, and mark on the other side.

jeno had just made it to the table in the middle of renjun and jaemin arguing with jisung and chenle trying to calm them down. markhyuck were off at the library adding the finishing touches to mark's essay.

"it wasn't me and jeno!" renjun said and slammed his hand in the middle of the table.

jaemin grit his teeth and exclaimed with frustration highly evident on his face, "who else could it be?!"

chenle tried to talk over them and change the subject but that didn't help. no matter how hard the younger tried to calm down his superiors it only seemed to add to the chaos. .if anything it made the argument louder because renjun and jaemin only screamed louder.

jisung's figure shrank, "g-guys everyone is looking. please stop."

"you can't deny it renjun! yukhei showed me the texts. you and jeno are trying to break mark and donghyuck apart because you don't want him to be happy." jaemin shouted, "we're supposed to be helping our friends not hurting them."

jeno scoffed and joined in the screaming match, "you're going to believe yukhei over us? if i need to remind you i will. YUKHEI IS THE ONE THAT BROKE UP WITH DONGHYUCK. why would you believe someone that hurt him?"

jaemin's shoulder slumped but the fire in his eyes stayed the same, "because he's changed! you can't blame all of the break up on him. donghyuck did his fair share of shit too."

renjun rolled his eyes, "jaemin you're blind. you're only saying that because he's the one that secured your spot as the point guard. donghyuck was broken for two years because of him."

"not only that but yukhei isn't exactly known as loyal to anyone here, whether it be his friends or his partners." jeno added

jaemin looked tired. tired from all the fighting that they've been doing for the past week. because it just wasn't today. it was monday and tuesday and wednesday and thrusday and friday seemed to have been the last straw for jaemin.

"renjun you know yukhei better than anyone here. don't you have at least the tiniest bit of trust in him." jaemin said almost pleadingly.

renjun stayed silent and looked anywhere but jaemin's eyes. the words pierced him harder than anything had done before.

rage dripped from jaemin's lips, "that's it. i'm done. i'm not going to come to your fucking tournament tomorrow. i don't need you guys." jaemin gripped his tray so tightly that his knuckles turned white and stormed off.

chenle glared at jeno and renjun and muttered '贱货' in chinese then went to go chase after jaemin.

jisung sighed and eyed both jeno and renjun, "i know you guys are older, but act like it. donghyuck was hurt by yukhei so yes, be careful around him. but don't rule out that he can change."

renjun nodded and took jeno's hand in his own, "jisung is right. let's go apologize to him after school. nana needs his space right now."