twenty-two

jeno shook his head and let all the wetness out of his hair fly everywhere. donghyuck groaned and wiped off all of the so proclaimed 'jeno water' off of him, "watch where you're shaking yourself off, dog."

mark sneered at donghyuck's bold and completely unnecessary comment. donghyuck rolled his eyes and lightly pushed mark over. mark stumbled and fell back into the pool.

renjun and jaemin giggled at the sight and fist-bumped one another. chenle frowned and rushed over to the edge of the pool to offer him a hand up. but what ended up happening is that mark dragged chenle on accident. chenle yelp alarmed jisung and he jumped in the pool to go 'save' this boyfriend.

donghyuck clicked his tongue at the three boys in the water and shook his head in disagreement, "you guys do know that my dad just finished the hot dogs right?"

jeno stretched his arms upwards and yawned, "what were they even for?"

donghyuck whipped around and grinned, "they were to congratulate you for the tournament."

mark cleared his throat. chenle snickered and splash him with water. mark gasped at the cold liquid hitting his eyes.

donghyuck smiled contently, "yeah and mark too."

jaemin walked away from the lawn chairs that him and renjun were sitting at and to where jeno was grabbing a plate full of hot dogs. jaemin tugged at the boys wet shirt and cleared his throat.

jeno's eyebrows raised and his eye widened. he placed the plate of hot dogs down and leaned down to whisper, "we can't have a quickie at our friend's house. plus it'd be rude to leave renjun out."

jaemin hit jeno on the shoulder and rolled his eyes, "mind out of the gutter." jaemin lifted his head up and looked around at the scene laid out behind the two of them. mark had finally dragged donghyuck in the pool and they were talking while swimming back and forward. chenle and jisung were arguing over what kind of chips they should share. and renjun was typing away on his phone with his lemonade in one hand. "i need to see you inside."

-

"what is it jaemin?" jeno quirked his lips downward. he was confused about why jaemin had pulled him away from the fun that their friends were having at donghyuck's house.

jaemin cleared his throat and looked jeno right in the eyes. "renjun is acting weird."

jeno nodded, "okay and? maybe something is going on at home." jeno started to get up, "we can just talk to him about it!"

jaemin gently pulled jeno back down and groaned, "no jeno you don't understand. usually, he lets me use his phone but this time he slapped my hand away all ugly and snapped at me."

jeno shrugged, "i still don't see the problem. maybe he just has a surprise for us."

jaemin sighed and looked down at his feet, "you're being too positive. he's hiding something from us jeno! can't you see that?"

jeno rolled his eyes and stood up from the seat, "look jaemin just because your ex-boyfriend didn't treat you right doesn't mean that we will."

jaemin was taken aback, "excuse me? i trust both of you but renjun is acting off. you're just being all high and mighty. get off your damn high horse jeno." jaemin stormed off back outside.

jeno's expression fell, "babe wait!"

-

donghyuck huffed and started to swim faster than mark, "why don't you want to invite me to your house?"

mark furrowed his eyebrows and tried to match donghyuck's new pace. "look, my parents aren't the most supportive of my sexuality and i don't want to have you go over there and no introduce you as my boyfriend. i would feel guilty."

donghyuck tried to take mark's hand in his, "i don't even have to meet your parents, love. i just kinda want to see where you sleep. i swear it's not supposed to be creepy."

mark smirked, "ah yes because asking to see where i sleep isn't creepy at all."

donghyuck stopped to swim in place and glared at mark, "oh you know what i meant."

mark ignored donghyuck and kept swimming past him. donghyuck scoffed and splashed mark in the face. mark groaned and turned back around splashed more water at donghyuck.

donghyuck dunked his head underwater and swam towards mark's legs. mark looked around, "where did he go?" 

donghyuck tugged on mark's leg and dragged him underwater. donghyuck searched for mark's eyes, although he was burning his own because of the high amounts of chlorine, he internally groaned. he pulled himself and mark up to the surface.

mark gasped for air and hit donghyuck on the head lightly, "what the hell was that for?"

donghyuck closed his eyes and splashed some water on his face. when he opened his eyes again he grinned at mark, "i was trying to kiss you underwater but you refused to open your eyes. plus after seeing the face you made to hold your breath was going to make me laugh. and i was not about to die from inhaling water because of your stupid ass."

mark's ears flushed at donghyuck's words. he tried to speak but no words came out of him. 

donghyuck quirked his eyebrow, "why are you blushing?"

mark looked away from donghyuck's eyes and just analyzed his face. donghyuck held his breath when mark started to come closer. mark's breath hitched when he realized how close he was to donghyuck.

donghyuck squeezed his eyes shut when he felt mark's wet hands around the backside of his neck. "is this okay?" mark asked softly

donghyuck could only nod in response. he slightly puckered his lips.

"OH MY GOD JUST KISS ALREADY!" chenle and jisung screamed from the other side of the pool.

donghyuck rolled his eyes, 'fuck it'. he grabbed mark's nape and smashed his lips into the olders. renjun was the first to cheer and jaemin soon joined after.