fifteen

"hey donghyuck!" jungwoo shouted sweetly and waved at him. he wandered a few steps closer to the bleachers so that he was the closest to mark. "mark has to go get ready for the next game in the tournament, so i'll be taking him from you now."

donghyuck scowled at jungwoo, "don't talk about mark like he's an object. isn't that right love?"

jaemin grinned awkwardly, "who are you calling love?"

donghyuck hit jaemin on the shoulder and looked towards mark, "love?"

mark slowly stood up from his position on the bleachers and nodded. no words dared to come out of his mouth because he didn't want to make the situation worse than it already was. he looked towards jungwoo expectantly.

jungwoo smiled at mark and stretched out his hands toward him. mark declined and started to walk over to where the rest of the team was.

jungwoo shrugged and skipped right behind mark.

donghyuck turned his attention over to his friend, "i thought you announced you weren't coming to the tournament? you know in that fit of rage that you had yesterday?"

jaemin shifted uncomfortably in his seat and looked down at the ground. he started to play with his hands because that was way better than focusing on a topic that he did not want to discuss because he was still embarrassed from it.

jaemin finally spoke up after what seemed like forever, "jeno is my boyfriend and i want to support him. even if i said something really uncalled for."

donghyuck raised his eyebrows, "it seems like you're really amazing at this romance thing."

jaemin laughed for a good three minutes and looked back at donghyuck with a lopsided smile on his face, "i'm not. it's a grow as we go process. and just when you think one boyfriend is difficult you have another one."

donghyuck chuckled, "thank you jaemin. and i don't think that jeno and renjun are trying to separate mark and me from being together. it has to be yukhei."

jaemin's expression turned sour, "are you saying that i'm wrong?"

donghyuck nodded and placed his arm around jaemin, "you have to admit you're at a fault sometimes."

"oh?" jaemin said while raising his left eyebrow playfully. he placed donghyuck's free hand into his own and shook it lightly, "then why won't you admit that what you did when jungwoo was here was wrong?"

donghyuck sighed and didn't look in jaemin's direction. so jaemin continued to lecture donghyuck, "jungwoo wasn't the one that did anything to you. it was yukhei."

donghyuck looked back at jaemin and then the floor. he mumbled rapidly, "but he was with yukhei while i was with him?"

jaemin shook his head in disapproval, "donghyuck, do you still have feelings for yukhei?"

donghyuck groaned and waved his hands frantically, "no! i understand for sure that i like mark."

jaemin smirked and patted donghyuck's back, "did you just admit that you have feelings for mark?"

blood rose to donghyuck's cheeks. he suddenly felt warm everywhere. 'i just admitted i like mark lee. gross, but true'

"yeah...yeah i did." donghyuck said and let himself smile, "but he's kinda been slowly pushing me away. he'll let me do things but to an extent. it's not like how it used to be between us."

jaemin nodded, "maybe it has to do with the texts? they seemed pretty ill mannered like it was the perpetrators aim to harm the two of you."

donghyuck nodded and stood up and started heading off towards mark's direction, "i'm going to go tell mark how i feel!"

jaemin chuckled slightly and yanked donghyuck back down to the benches, "slow down. they're in the middle of a match against jyp high."

donghyuck's ears flushed a bright red for the second time today and he nodded, "right."