Chapter II

I woke up at about 3 in the morning, I was hearing loud noises in my mother room, I sighed and walked over to the wall of my room that is connected to my mothers and I pounded on it hard. They must've heard it because they immediately stopped after.

I heard footsteps heading towards my room, and the door soon opened. I looked at the doorway to see August in nothing but his boxers. "Uh, my bad lil homie." I nodded. "You good, but I can't sleep with all the noise." August sat down at the edge of the bed. "I gotcha lil mama, now go ahead and go to sleep."

I turned over and tried to go back to sleep until I heard August voice, "Beat the walllls." August said before closing the door. I laughed hella hard and calmed myself. I grabbed my phone and put my ear phones in and listened to music until I fell asleep. I woke up to my alarm going off in my ears causing me to jump out of my sleep. I sighed and got out of bed and walked downstairs to get some water.

Once I filled up my glass I headed back upstairs to see August coming from my room. "Oh there you is, I was just about to wake you up." He said rubbing his eye. "Well um, thanks." I said shooting him a smile and walking in my room. I grabbed my phone and blasted music while I showered.

After showering, I got dressed in a pair of white jeans and a burgundy NCCU shirt. I slipped on my maroon and white vans and headed out my room and went to make some cereal. I was down stairs making my cereal when I heard August voice interrupt me. "Morning baby girl." She said kissing my forehead and hugging me. "Morning." I said dryly. "You not a mornin' person huh?" He said smiling. "Not really." I finished pouring the cereal and put the box back in the pantry.

I came back to see August staring at me. "What?" I said looking at him funny. "Nothing, um, why don't we just stop somewhere to get you something to eat?" I looked at him, then my cereal. "But I already poured my cereal?" August looked back at me after roaming my outfit and sighed. "Alright, just eat your breakfast and lemme kno' when you ready." I nodded. I reached in the fridge and grabbed the milk, and poured a good amount and began eating.

After finishing my breakfast I texted August letting him know I was ready, I went upstairs to grab my books and my book bag. I walked out bumping into August, "Watch out ma." He said chuckling a bit. "My bad." I said walking down the stairs. I headed out the front door with August behind me, "Why you look so chill today?" He said locking the front door and walking over to the white Audi. "I didn't feel like getting all dressed up." August smiled and shook his head, soon to start the ignition.

It was kind of weird to see August all focused on me, like damn I can't wear what I want to? I chuckled at my thoughts and looked out the window. "Do you know what time I need to pick you up at practice?" He said looking over to me, but still having his main focus on the road. "Mm, Usually ma come at around 4. So, whatever floats your boat." August continued to drive.

August POV

I knew in the back of my mind that this Father Daughter relationship would work, so far we were getting along perfectly fine. After she said "Whatever floats your boat" I joked to myself in the inside. Yeah, I know what floats my boat alright, I laughed a bit at myself and pulled up to Kerri's school.

She grabbed her bag from the back and kissed me on the cheek. "Aight, call me before practice is over." I said watching her walk out the car. "Alright, see ya later." She said before soon closing the door and heading into the school.

Kerri POV

I walked into school and began heading over to my locker when I felt someone pull on my arm. "Wha-" I stopped myself and saw my best friend Jachin (Jah-che-n). I hugged him tight, and smiled hard. "Whats up?" He said following me to my locker. "Nothing much.. you sir?" I said looking over to him. "Nada, I missed my best friend that's all. Speakin' of that, where was your ugly ass at yesterday?" I smiled and shook my head. "Home, these headaches been killing me lately."

Jachin sighed, "You should go to the doctor about it, for you spread your Ebola shit." I laughed mad loud and smacked his arm. "Shut up." I said walking over to my locker and opening it. "So what we do yesterday in first period?" I said sitting my bag in the locker and grabbing my notebook. "Partner work, that's pretty much it." I nodded. "Cool, cool." I said lowly. The bell rang, and I headed inside class with Jachin following behind.

While the teacher was teaching, I saw from the corner of my eye that Jachin kept looking at me. I turned around beside me and caught him off guard. He looked at me and smiled, I shook my head. Jachin and I have always been really close, He's liked me ever since 7th grade. Occasionally I'd catch him looking at my butt but I mean.. boys are going to be boys.

"Alright guys, now pair up with a partner and work on this until the end of class!" Ms. Helen yelled. I smiled and looked behind me, and Jachin smiled back moving his desk closer to mine. "Alright, so you trying to do this math together or what?" He said smirking. I smiled "Well I mean, you done already pulled the desk up." I said laughing, Jachin laughed along and we began our work.

"Alright, just move that on top, and you done." I said looking at him working. "So how's my mama?" He said looking up from the paper. "She good, she just told me yesterday that August and her are engaged." Jachin eyes widened. "You fuckin' kidding?" He said hysterically. "No, i'm dead serious. He even moved in, I mean it's not a problem it's just... weird." I said thinking. "Aww that's gonna be us." He said smirking, I shook my head.

"Anyways, last night they were having sex and I had to bang on the walls for them to shut up." I said trying not to laugh. "Word?" He said while pulling out his phone. "Yeah, and August came in my room with his boxers on, had me weirded out." Jachin chuckled. "Nigga came in talking about some 'beat the walllllls'" I laughed and Jachin did too. "Aw shit" He said catching his breath. "So you need a ride home after practice?" Jachin said looking at me, "No.. no.. August is picking me up oddly." Jachin nodded.

"Alright well, atleast let me take you out for lunch?" I nodded. "Don't I always come with you for lunch?" Jachin smirked and got up. "Whatever lil nigga." He said bending down to get his bag. I saw his eyes stare at my butt while he did so, "Really?!" I said laughing. "What?! A nigga can't take a peep?" He said laughing and shrugging.

=============================================================

Lunch period came around so I called Jachin.

Phone Conversation:

"Hello?" I smiled at his voice.

"I'm going towards your car, meet me."

"Aight, I'll be out there."

--- ended call ---

I hung up and walked out towards the front of the school when I was bumped into by Natalie. "Bitch." I said lowly. Natalie stopped me and smiled, "Does Ms.Soccer have a problem with me?" She said looking at me but to soon look over to her friend beside her. "And If I did?" I said brushing her hands off of me. "Well... everyone knows you're not going to do anything." She said smiling "Oh really, well how about this. Put your fucking hands on my again, and I bet you'll never wish you did." I looked at her up and down and headed out the school. I never really cursed unless I was mad, I mean I had no reason to hate on her, shes known as the "School jumpoff."

She think she's the shit just because she can cheer. But lets not forget when she had no rhythm and couldn't cheer. I walked over to Jachin's car to see him already inside, "What took you so long girl?" He said looking over to me. "Natalie." I said sitting my stuff in the back. "Oh.. what you want to eat today since i'm paying?"

I thought and spoke "It doesn't matter." Jachin smiled and whispered in my ear. "So could I have you for lunch?" I felt chills go down my back, and I laughed nervously. "No, now take me somewhere so I can hurry back to school." I said looking out the window.

=============================================================

I don't know about this chapter, it's boring I think, i don't know lol.