Chapter XLIII

Part 1

I woke up with a massive headache, but I didn't really care. I slid out of bed realizing August wasn't in my room. I shrugged and headed for the shower.

While sitting in the shower, I could tell something was off. It felt weird to me, but I guess it's just me. I continued to shower forgetting the feeling.

I stepped out the shower and grabbed my towel. I brushed my teeth and I adjusted my towel again. I walked out the bathroom into my bedroom, to see August on the bed dressed up all nice. I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows wondering.

"Why you dressed up?" I said squinting my eyes. "Cause.. Its a special day. Now hurry up and get dressed so have a surprise for you." I looked around the room weirdly but I followed his demands.

I decided to put on my white v neck and a pair of shorts. I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and headed out the bathroom. "You ready na?" He said standing up. "... I guess...?" He smiled and grabbed my hand. He walked me down the stairs and stopped at the last two. "Close your eyes." He said smiling. "Why?" I questioned. "Close em." I sighed and did so.

He directed me down the last two steps, and he kissed my cheek. "Open." He said smiling. "Surprise!" A group of people yelled. I smiled hard and caught a glimpse of everyone. I felt happy tears falling down my face. I ran to Quan and Donovan, and hugged them.

"Oh my god, I missed y'all!" I said smiling and wiping my face. "We miss yo ugly ass too." Quan said laughing, I laughed and pushed him. "Happy Birthday Kerri." Donovan said smiling. I smiled and looked down. "Thanks..." I said messing with my hand. He pulled me into a hug and he kissed my forehead. "I still love you, you know that right?" I smiled. "Love ya too." I said releasing from the hug.

I turned around to all the other people and saw the associating. I tried to find August but I couldn't find him. I shrugged and went to my uncle Trey. I smiled hard. "Hey Trey!" I said smiling and hugging him. He hugged me tight and kissed my cheek. "Wassup baby ma?" I squealed and closed my eyes. "Why you actin' like that? You know you like it when I call you that." I smiled even harder. "My bad... I'm just crushin'." I said laughing at myself. "you good ma. Happy birthday Niecey." He said hugging me again.

I swear if he won't my uncle, he would be taken fam. This man is so fine, and god just HAD to make him my uncle. I laughed at my thoughts and my hug was interrupted because of August entering the room.

"Where is the birthday girl?" He shouted. Everyone turned to me, and I became ultimately shy. I walked towards him and he smiled. "Take a seat right here my beautiful princess." I sat down in the seat and waited for what was coming. He left out the room for a quick second then came back with three big bags, and one small bag.

I smiled hard and looked up at him. "Go ahead and open them." He said crossing his arms and smiling. I opened the first big bag, and it was two pairs of shoes. I looked in the boxes and realized they were the Toro 4's I've been begging for. I smiled and mouthed "thank you.." To August. He have me a head nod.

I opened the second box and they were some KD's, that I haven't even seen before. I laughed at everyone's expression and I smiled. I opened the second big bag, but August told me to wait until later to open it. I looked inside the third big bag, I squealed at what I seen and I began to have happy tears stream down my face.

I pulled out this laptop that I've always wanted and August laughed at my reaction. I stood up and gave him a hug. "Thank you August!" He rubbed my back and whispered in my ear. "All for you baby." I wiped my face and sat back down. He grabbed the small bag and took out a red box. I smiled hard and I felt tears about to fall.

"Alright, this is for you. I brought this for you because you have been the bestest daughter and friend to me, and you taught me a lot. I love you to death, and lord knows if something was to ever happened to you, I'd go crazy. I know I'm goofy as hell, but a nigga be trying man.... Last but not least, This is also for a promise. A promise that you won't stop being the bestest, and that you'll always come to me when you're having issues."

I put my head in my hands and I began to cry, the room filled up with Aws, and i nodded. "I promise I'll be the bestest step daughter." He slid the ring on my right middle finger and everyone cheered. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "But Wait!" August yelled. "One last surprise."

He fished in his pocket, and he pulled out a pair of keys. I screamed and jumped on him. "Oh my god!" I put my head on his shoulder and cried. He held me up and everyone clapped and laughed. He sat me down on my feet and handed me the keys. I began break dancing and everybody laughed.

I pulled Donovan and Quan hands, leading them outside with me. I walked outside to see a all black Mercedes. I laughed and everyone came outside cheering. This day can't get any better. I unlocked the doors and sat on the driver seat, I smiled and inhaled the fresh scent. Donovan hopped on the passenger side and Quan hopped in the back. "Oh shit Kerri, you lucky as fuck bruh." Quan said laughing.

"Hey... whats this?" Donovan said looking on the passenger floor. I furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed it. August walked to the driver side door and stood there. "Open it." I smiled and opened it to see a IPhone 6. I laughed and Quan screamed. "Nigga what you screamin' for?" Donovan said laughing. "Oh... I don't know.." He said laughing hella hard.