Chapter V

It was early morning when my phone rang. I grunted and reached over to get my phone. "Hello?" I said putting my face in the pillow. "Get up, school just started!" Jachin said with the bell ringing in the background.

I sat up and sighed. "Alright, i'll be there." I hung and and went to shower. While showering I thought about why these fools ain't wake me up, I can't miss no more days. After showering I wrapped the towel around me and decided to wear a girly dress today.

The dress was lime green, blue and pink. It was floral, making me decide to wear my pink and white toms. After slipping it on, I threw my hair into a ponytail and smiled. I always wondered why I had long hair, no one in my family has long hair that I know of.

I walked out the bathroom and headed downstairs to see no one. I sighed and went into the kitchen to grab a yogurt to eat before I headed to school. I was in the living room eating yogurt when I heard someone close a door upstairs. I continued eating but to be interrupted by August voice. "Kerri, why you not in school?" I looked at him angrily. "You was suppose to take me!"

He was caught off guard by my tone and he walked up to me. "Watch your tone, i ain't obligated to take you anywhere." I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my yogurt. He shook his head and walked into the kitchen. I finished my yogurt, and went upstairs to grab my phone, my gym bag and my purse.

August POV

I saw her cute ass walk up to her room and I smiled. Her ponytail reached her mid back and it made me think of something very... You know. So when she stormed out the house with her gym bags I sighed and walked upstairs to get my car keys.

Kerri POV

I headed out the house and walked to school since August was being an asshole. My walk was interrupted by August pulling up beside me. "You gon' get inside?" I continued walking, ignoring him talking. "So you just gon' ignore me?" I stayed quiet ignoring him. He stopped the car in the middle of the road and got out pulling my arm to face him. "What the fuck Kerri?" I shook my head. "Now the asshole wants to take me to school huh?" I turned back around and continued my walk.

August grabbed me again, but gripping my arm tighter. "Come on ma, I'm sorry.. Just get in the car." I sighed and looked at him. "Fine." I walked to the car and hopped in. i kinda needed the ride because my gym bag was really heavy. He drove in silence, I looked out the window catching the view of the trees passing by and the sun beaming on my skin. We pulled up to the school and I was about to get out when August spoke.

"Listen Kerri, i'm sorry about what just happened. I know I can be a ass sometimes but I don't mean it sometimes neither." I looked at him the turning to the window. "Whatever." I said under my breath. He rubbed my thigh and turned my face to him. "Do you forgive me?" He said looking at me in my eyes.

I didn't say anything. "If you say no then I will go in school with you and aggravate the hell out of you." I tried not to laugh, so I nodded, "yeah.." August smiled and kissed my cheek. "Aight na get to class, i'll pick you up after practice." I nodded and got out the car with my gym bag on my left shoulder.

I texted Jachin to let him know I was outside. I walked up to my locker and I put my gym bag in there. I closed my locker and I jumped because Jachin was smiling in front of me. "What the heck Jachin!" I said smacking his shoulder playfully. He laughed and hugged me. "I'm sorry, a beautiful girl like you should be scared by a nigga like me." I giggled and shook my head.

"So why you late?" He said walking me to my third period. "August and my mama ain't wake me up, so I was about to walk here but August took me..." Jachin nodded "Oh, so am I still coming over tonight?" I turned to him and smiled "Yeah, August is cool with it." Jachin winked at me causing me to blush.

Once we made it to my third period we stopped right before I could walk in. "Thanks for walking me." I said looking at him, but to soon look on the ground. "You good, I had to say wassup to my bestfriend." I smiled and looked at him. We stared at each other for a long time, Jachin walked up to me and hugged me.

"Bye Jachin." I said trying to push from the hug. "Damn I just want a hug." He said holding me tight, but to make his hands linger down to my hips. I popped his hands but his hands dropped gripping my butt. I was shocked, I pulled away and laughed. "Jachin!" He laughed and walked away. I shook my head and went into my stupid third period. 😒

I was in my chemistry class doing a test when I felt my phone vibrating. I slipped it from under my leg and saw Dani calling me. I ignored it and finished my test, and handed it in. While I was waiting on everyone to finish, I sat there thinking about Jachin awkwardly. I think August will like him, Jachin is a nice guy.

The bell rung and I grabbed my things but my teacher stopped me. "Kerri, good job on your test." I smiled and walked out. I texted Jachin and told him to meet me at his car. After texting him, I heard Dani's voice behind me. "Bittttchhhh you can't answer my calls?" She said loudly, I laughed. "Girl, I was testing!" I said slowing down so she could catch up. "I was calling cause I seen Jachin all up on Vanessa." I felt my heart drop.

"He not my issue, it ain't like we together." I said knowing that Jachin and I had a little chemistry between each other. "Guh, you know Jachin fine ass was what you wanted lowkey." I frowned. "Sure, he probably was. I don't really care D, he coming over to meet August so I can talk to him about it then." Dani mouth dropped. "August?! Yo moms boyfriend?! He stay there?! The fuck you ain't tell me!" I laughed, "yeah they engaged." Dani was drooling a little. "Bruuh lemme come over to gah damn, best believe August gon' change his mind." I giggled and sighed as I walked out the school door.

"Well i'ma talk to you later boo, i'm going out for lunch with Jachi." I said hugging her. She smiled "Aight mama, call me after school." I winked and walked away, heading to Jachin car.

I saw him inside and I slid in his car. "Damn you keep beating me." I said sitting my purse in the back. He smiled, "cause I be ready to see you." I turned to the window and blushed. "Anyways we going to subway, you can get whatever you like since i'm paying." I said looking over to him.

He looked at me up and down, he placed his hand on my upper thigh and massaged it, making me moan under my breath. "So you saying, whatever I like.. Right?" I looked at him biting his lip and I shook my head. "Anything but that." He sighed and moves his hands to the steering wheel.

When we reached subway, Jachin ordered two footlongs. I tapped him and he looked at me. "Why you order two?" I said smiling but curious. "Cause I already got one." He said winking, I bursted out laughing. I ordered the same as him and he smirked. "Tryna copy a nigga or what?" I shook my head and paid for our food. "You lucky you my bestfriend cause I would've said hellll naw I ain't paying for yo shit." Jachin held me from behind and kissed my neck. "But I am your bestie so.." I got out of his grip and chuckled.

We came back to school with two footlongs for each of us. "Everybody gon' be beggin' and shit." Jachin said while walking out the car. I smiled "Jachiiii be nice!" Jachin looked over to me. "Jachi? You haven't called me that since 8th grade." I smirked "I know boo boo." Jachin chuckled and we ate on top of his trunk, reminded me of when he first got his car.

The bell rung when I had finished my first sub and Jachin finished both. "You savage." I said laughing. He hopped off the car. "Had to show my eating skills." I rolled my eyes and laughed. I was trying to get off the car but I forgot I had a dress on. "Jachi!" He turned around and laughed. "The little baby wanna get down? Huh?" I laughed and I felt his arm wrap around my waist. He looked at me in my eyes as he lifted me up and sat me down on my feet.

"Thanks.." I said breaking eye contact and hugging him. I walked away heading to my last period, sadly I ain't wanna go in this class. It makes me so tired 😭