Chapter LIII

Kerri POV

I got up from my sleep and felt sore. I got up on my feet and walked out the room. I looked to see August laying on the couch. I walked over to him and saw he was awake. "You finally up bae." He said smiling. "Hey ugly. Why you on the chair?" August, frowned. "Your crazy ass momma is getting on my nerves." I giggled and shook my head. "She isn't going to let this go August, plus we cant be stressing her out." He sighed. "But that shit is aggy ma." I laughed and went into the kitchen.

I heard my mothers voice as I grabbed a apple juice. I walked into the living room to see them arguing. I groaned and stood in front of them. "What you want?" My mother dished to me. I turned to her, then looked at August. He motioned for me not to say anything. "Nothing. Now, we are going to talk about this like civilized people tonight at dinner. Everything comes out." My mom frowned and August looked scared.

Hell I'm scared too, but everything needs to be put out there. I'm tired of the arguing, and I'm tired of the stupid comments from my own mother.

-----

It was already 10:30 and I decided to shower and prepare myself for the worst dinner ever. I went in the bathroom, took a shower and did my hygiene. I walked out the bathroom and went into my suitcase and pulled out a black dress that stopped right above the knees, and I put my under garments on before I put the dress on.

Afterwards I slipped the dress on and lotioned my body. I heard a knock at the door and I opened it to see August. I smiled. "Hey baby." I said walking back over to the bathroom. "Hey.. you really wanna tell your mother?" I stopped my process and walked out the bathroom. "Not really, but we will have to see what she has to say." August sighed and nodded. "Anything for you." He said standing up and pecking my cheek.

I went back in the bathroom and finished my thing.

15 minutes later, It was time for us to leave. My mother was wearing a red dress and August was wearing a button up, dark jeans and a blazer. I smiled at us looking sophisticated then walked behind August.

------

Once we reached our dinner location, we waiting in the entrance and the host came by. "Table for three?" She asked smiling hard. "Yes ma'am." I said smiling back. We walked over to a table and August sat beside me and my mother sat in front of us. August stared at me and I smiled. I guess my mother caught on cause she cleared her throat.

"So who's speaking first?" She said staring at us. August and I looked at each other and laughed. "You." We both said. My mom nodded and sighed. "Alright, from the beginning...."

"When August first moved in and offered to pick you up from school I was kinda already sleeping with a client, a very close client... After that I left for my business trip, and my client as you know was going to buy a million dollar home... When we went to the destination to look at the house he forced me to do things I did want to. Eventually I fell for him because he started spoiling me and making me feel wanted...-" August cut her story off. "So you telling me, you cheated on me because I didn't make you feel wanted?" My mother nodded. "I mean yeah."

August POV

I swear to god she was pissing me off. "I spoiled you everyday! I did everything I was suppose to do, bought you jewelry, clothes, cars everything." She looked at me in my eyes as if she was about to apologize. "Save it." I said before she could. "Anyways.." She started.

"I obviously fell for him, and continued to leave you guys for him. Its a possibility it could be his child, but it could be Yours too August." I sighed. "So what about this other nigga?" She cleared her throat. "I don't think the kid is his. We slept together almost 4 months ago... I'm only two and a half months pregnant." I felt a bit relieved, but that didn't stop the fact that she slept with him too.

"So is there anything going on between you guys?" She asked while sipping her drink. I looked at Kerri and she looked at me and shook her head. "Nah, nothing." I said with a straight face. "Y'all sure? I wouldn't be mad." I kept a straight face and nodded.

To be honest... i really wanted to tell her. But how does that sound. To be like "I been sleeping with my step daughter for a month now." Shit don't even sound right.

------

Narrator POV

They finally began eating their dinner. Getting along as a family. They joked and laughed as their night was coming to a end. August escorted the girls out and opened the door for Kerri and she smiled. He opened the door for Michelle too. "Thank you." She said hopping in the car. Once he hopped in the car he drove to the hotel.

They pulled up at the front of the hotel and entered. They went inside the elevator and August dug in his pocket to get the room key. Once they reached the 11th floor they hopped off the elevator and walked to the room door. He slid the key in and let Michelle & Kerri in.

The girls sat their things on the couch and went separate ways into the bedrooms to get undressed. August was sitting on the living room couch when there was a hard knock at the door. He looked through the peep hole to see three guys at the door he ain't know. August ran into Michelle's room and spoke hella fast.

August POV

"MICHELLE GO INTO THE CLOSET, DONT COME OUT FOR ANY REASON, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HEAR." I yelled to her. I practically ran to Kerri's room and yelled the same thing. Except I kissed her and told her I loved her.

I went to the door and opened it. The guys pushed me inside and locked the door. "WHERE THE FUCKING GIRLS?" The one guy yelled. "They left!" I yelled back. One guy kicked me in my stomach. I grunted. "Get up!" They demanded. I knew I had something for them, but I needed to hurry up before they checked me.

Kerri POV

I sat in the closet and held on the door knob. I felt my palms sweating, and my anxiety was taking over. I heard the same traumatizing shots from the horrifying night of Augusts injury. I felt tears streaming my face, and I was becoming frightened of the outcome.

It was silent for 5 minutes... I heard coughing in the front room. I slowly got out the closet and walked out slowly to make sure everything was ok. I went under my bed to grab the gun August gave me just in case anything happened. I went inside the living room slowly to see August hovered over my mother. I felt my heart drop and shatter.

I ran to my mother to see blood spilling from her upper neck. She wasn't breathing. She was lifeless. August was crying and holding her. "Call 911 now!" He yelled. I ran into my bed room and called 911.

Phone Conversation -

"911, what's your emergency?"

I panicked.

"Help! Please, my mother is shot I don't know what happened. Just please hurry!!"

"Calm down ma'am, do you know where she was shot? and where you are located?"

I felt my palms sweat, my anxiety was taking over.

"Uhhhuuh, looks like she was shot in her neck. & Hester dr. On 12th"

The dispatcher put me on hold and came back.

"The ambulance is 2 minutes away. Go get a towel ma'am and put it on her neck and hold it tightly."

I ran across the hotel and went inside the closet to grab a towel. I pressed it on my mothers wound and August was pure red, he was angry. "I-i-I got it august. Go get the car ready." I yelled. He went outside the hotel angry with a gun in his hands.