Chapter XLIV

It was time for everyone to leave, and I was tired as hell from all the giggling and stuff. I sat on the couch and waved the last two people goodbye. August left with Quan and Donovan, to take them to the airport. It was me and mommy, and ma was in the kitchen.

She walked into the living room and smiled. "How my lil 17 year old doing?" My mom said smiling. "I'm good, just exhausted." I said rubbing my eye. "Well I would hope you're exhausted after all that crying and yelling." I chuckled and turned my attention to the tv.

We were peacefully watching tv, when she scoffed. I turned to her and furrowed my eyebrows. "What's wrong?" She smiled at me. "Nothing, let's talk." I looked around and sighed. "Alright, fine. What's up?" She sat her drink on the table next to her and she turned her body to me. "What's up with you and August?"

I gulped, I felt my anxiety try to take over. "Uhhh, were just family. Nothing odd. Why you ask?" She scoffed and chuckled. "Cause its funny how... I saw him leave your room at 5 in the morning. So tell me whats going on?" I rolled my eyes, I hate lying but this is the time ima have to use it. "I wasn't feeling good this morning, he brought me some medicine and he left. Thats it."

My mom thought about it. "Alright? So if thats the case... explain why he got you all this for your birthday?" I sighed. "Its a birthday, you just answered your own question." My mom laughed and sighed. "Yeah I know you wouldn't fuck me over like that, I'm just tripping because he isn't giving me any attention... I must've really fucked up."

I groaned and listened to my mom. "I know I haven't been the best for him, and I know that I haven't been the most faithful... but its a reason why I did what I did... " I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head. "What you saying?" My mom sighed and tears streamed her face.

"Its a long story." I rubbed her knee. "Tell me! you tell me everything ma, just spit it out." My mother wiped face and took a deep breath. "It wasn't my intentions to mess around with my client.. but at first I was forced to. He made me have sex with him, but after the first time... it was like I kept coming back. I enjoyed him; and he began spoiling me. He eventually apologized for what happened, and I fell for him."

I gasped and felt anger build up in me. "The fuck you ain't tell me this ma! You had me in here thinking you just fell for the nigga when you just fell for him cause he made you!" My mom cried. I shook my head. "So you love this nigga don't you?" My mom wiped her face. "Yes, but I love August too..." I sighed.

"Well you need to tell him, THE WHOLE story ma. I don't care if you don't want to, but you're doing it!" My mom nodded and wiped under her eyes. "Alright Kerri." I smiled and stood up. "Now get your tail up and let's go grab something to eat."

My mom giggled and tried to stand up, but when she did she crouched over. "What's wrong?!" I said trying to hold her up. "I feel sick." She said nearly speeding to the bathroom. "Ugh." I said under my breath and sat back down. Guess a nigga about to be eating at home again.