Chapter LVI

August was in the waiting room holding Kerri while her dried up tears sat on her face. It's been hours and still no update. August stood up and sat Kerri down on the hospital chair without awakening her.

He headed to the front desk and spoke to one of the desk managers. "Hey, I was wondering if there was any updates from Michelle Neverson?" The desk assistant looked at August and smirked. She looked at the computer than back at August. "You're cute." She said smiling. "Uh thank you but can you please give me what I asked fo'?" She rolled her eyes and stuck them back to the screen.

She looked up to August and spoke. "No new updates except the fact that she went into cardiac arrest an hour ago." (His POV) I felt my emotions go crazy. I became heated, but at the same time I was upset that this happened to Michelle.

Yeah she did me dirty, but she held me down. Even though I won't by her side 24/7 she was always there for me 25/8. I love that woman. Maybe not the same way as I use to, but for god sake... she was pregnant with a child that could've been mine. I walked away and sat back down beside Kerri. I pulled her into my chest and I held her.

------ NARRATOR POV

After 8 hours of no food, and long waiting. Doctors finally came out. They called Kerri and August to the internal hospital waiting room. "Are you her Daughter Kerri?" They asked. Kerri nodded. "Yes. I'm Kerri Neverson." They nodded and check the clipboard. "And this is a guest?" They pointed to August.

"No I was engaged to Michelle." August said with a straight face. "Nice meeting you." They all concluded. "I'm doctor Edwards, this is Stephanie, Andrea, Johnathyn and Garrison. We all assisted and contributed with Michelle." Kerri gave them a slight smile and August mean mugged all of them.

It was a long moment of silence. But Doctor Edwards spoke. "Well Miss Neverson... Your mother has all of the necessary operations done, She suffered from two heart attacks and vast amount of blood loss. We gave her two pints of blood, in which it has replaced the amount lost. She cannot breathe on her own, and she is in a coma as of now. She's stable, we just have to see if she pulls through the coma."

Kerri cried again. Harder than ever. The one and only lady who birthed her, fed her, gave her all the care and love she needed... may not survive. All the struggle her mother went through just to have Kerri was already enough. August held Kerri into his arms and hugged her. "It's alright ma, she gone make it." He whispered. The doctors tried to hold up, but they looked as stressed as August and Kerri.

August stopped the doctors before they left and asked a question. "What about the baby?!" August asked. "Well.. the unborn did not survive all the medical procedures and medicines given to the mother. We contracted the unborn and put it up in an examination lab." August heart shattered. Two children. Gone. All his joy and fulfillment was destroyed. His heart and soul gone in an instant.

His emotions were vanished right along with everything else. "We're sorry for your lost.." Doctor Edwards said. August was straight faced and Kerri cried even more. Kerri's brother or sister did not make it. August took a deep breath and spoke. "So we don't know who the father is... Can you test the child and me to see if I'm the father?" Doctor Stephanie spoke. "Indeed you can, would you like to do that right now? To give Ms.Kerri some time alone?"

August looked into his arms to see Kerri. Mentally hurting. He nodded and kissed Kerri forehead. "Come on." The doc said. He sat Kerri down in the chair and spoke to her. "Look ma, I want you to take this time to pray for her. She meant a lot for the both of us, and deep down.. A nigga want to break down. But I have to stay strong. Move your hands from your beautiful face, Wipe your eyes and give me a kiss." Kerri listened and wiped her face. Her face bold red, and her eyes dark as ever. She pecked him on the lips and he walked out with the Doctors.

August POV

I walked out with the doctors still in disbelief. Leaving Kerri in the internal room crying is the worse feeling too. A nurse took me to a lab and sat me down in a chair. She looked at me and spoke. "Alright, so what kind of DNA test you prefer?" I looked around.

"What is the best?" I asked. "Depends on how long you want to wait." I looked around. Not even knowing if I really wanted to find out if this was my child. "The quickest... Is fine." I demanded. She nodded and went into one of the cabinets and grabbed a container. She pulled out a needle and tube.

She sat in front of me and tied a rubber band around my arm. Then drew blood. I sat there still not knowing if I wanted to know. I shrugged it off and waited for her to finish... She pulled the needle out and put a bandage around my arm. "How long will it take for results?" She stood up and put the needle container back. "Approximately 3 hours." I nodded. "Thank you.." I said practically speaking.

--- ------- ------ --------- ----------

Very long chapter, sorry.

I love y'all 💕

What do you think will happen?

Is it Augusts baby?

Calvin baby? Or better yet her Clients?

Will she pull through?