Chapter XLVII

Kerri and Michelle, still was waiting in the room. It was pure faith that was holding them together. They knew without hope and faith, August wouldn't have made it to the hospital.

This whole situation could be blamed on Kerri, if Kerri wouldn't have messed with Jachin... wouldn't everything be good? It could be blamed on Michelle, for making August the way he is? or... Was it August's old lifestyle, that caught up with him?

Nobody knew, nobody would ever know. Michelle soon dozed off, Kerri stayed up in deep thought. Basically traumatized from the situation. Holding August in her hands and seeing him struggle to breathe, that was something she regret, that she's ever seen. She cried, and cried. Her eyes were turning pink. All of her crying, she could barely cry anymore.

On the other hand, August was still struggling in the operating room. Doctors and nurses, tried to regulate his breathing, he couldn't breathe on his own. August was a fighter, he was strong. Even though he has had his weak moments in life, he had a strong mentality. He's been through enough in life, guess it was brutality. He's being strong for his family, his one and only woman he wants.

No he hasn't been the bestest if you think about it, but he has been trying to get his life back together. August half dead, laying on the table, Still awake, just struggling and suffering.. Doctors take the bullets from his chest and his pulse fluctuates.

He's struggling even more. Groaning in pain, trying his best to keep calm. He soon lost conscious and the doctors panicked. They tried they're best to keep him awake, but once they saw he wasn't awake.. they gave their hopes up. Doctors threw their gloves off, and decided just to quit. They turned their backs on him, just like everybody else.

But when that monitor began to beep, Doctors was amazed. They walked back over and noticed this man was really brave. He was still fighting. As a kid, he wanted to be a soldier. But you could've called him one now because he was older.

-------------------------

Kerri POV

I was in the room rubbing my face, I hated the fact that I cried so much and my eyes were burning. My mother was asleep on my right hand side, I know she was hurting. Seeing him in the condition he was in, killed me. Why couldn't that have been me, instead of him?

I heard a knock at the room door, and the door opened. The doctor walked in with a clipboard in one hand he greeted me. "Hello Miss. I'm guessing you are here for Mr. Alsina correct?" I sighed and nodded. "Well, I'm here to tell you that, he has made it through the surgery. He died twice during the operation, but he ended up surviving."

I felt all the worry, and happiness come from my heart and I hugged the doctor. I felt tears streaming down my face once again. I didn't know why God made this miracle possible, but I appreciate this. August is a true fighter.

"Thank you!!!" I said hugging him tighter. The doctor laughed and patted my back. I released from the hug and the doctor spoke. "He will be in here in a few, hold on tight." I nodded and sat back down.

This has been a long night for me, its 7 in the morning and I've been up since 3. My mother is lucky enough to catch some sleep, but I was up worrying. What if August isn't the same after recovery? What if August hates me? What if August doesn't remember anything? Will it affect our relationship? I'm scared, and I'm not expecting the worst. But I'm not expecting the best neither.