Chapter Five- Vegas

Feeling of electric moves through my body like excited shocks as we all push off the bus, with most of the company cheering. We had just won 2nd place overall, which is an amazing improvement from last year when they had only placed 6th. The excitement of the group was intense as we grabbed our bags heading into the hotel, we were all staying at. Since we made it to the finals our performance was going to be televised in a few days which would push some of the dancer's careers through the roof.

                 I turn around and look through the group for a familiar face. Smiling I find Max coming off the bus behind us. Max grabs her bag and jogs over to join me before we head to our hotel room that we're sharing with two other girls.

               Laughing Max and I walk through the casino before we can go up the elevator to our room. I can feel the excitement of lights and noise all around us, as we move away and into the quiet elevator.

                 "Dawn this is going to be an epic night, I can feel it." Max says smiling, "I'm pretty sure that the entire company is going out to celebrate tonight."

                "They definitely are!" I answer, having heard all the excitement and conversations on the bus. I know that almost everyone is going out tonight since our flights back don't leave until tomorrow afternoon.

                 Walking into our room, I can hear the music playing already. Three girls that I have never meet before seeing us and squeal. I recognize one of them as the girl that Max 'doesn't' have a thing for, and I look at her and smirk. Her face going a very light pink when she realizes that we are roommates with the girl she likes.

                "Max!" The girl that Max likes, whose name I can't remember yells, "Are you ready to parrtyyy?" She jumps onto the bed her long braids swinging behind her.

              "Hell yes!" Max answers closing the door and dropping her bag. Another girl next to her raises a bottle of tequila in victory to Max's response.

                 We all start getting ready to head out to a night club downtown that is rumored to be the best. There are 5 of us total and we all have already made a girl pact that we will stay together the entire night. That this was a girl's night and no hookups- not an issue for me at all. The girls are Christine and Chrissy who both said to call them Chris. Honestly, I'm glad because I already forgot which was which. Rachel is the girl that Max likes, and they've been getting ready together the entire time and the Chris's and I are all over the place.

                  The three of us take a 'few' shots before we get dressed which may have not been the correct choice but honestly, I was having a great time. Chris looked through my bag to help me pick out an outfit before other Chris and she decided that my outfits weren't sexy enough for Vegas.

                  Long story short, we all ended up wearing almost identical outfits that were tight very, and I mean very sparkly dressed that one of the Chris's packed. Once we were ready and sparkling it was time for the girls to take pictures of course. Before I knew all five of us were arm in arm walking out of the elevator and into the casino.

                 Chris looked at all of us and smirked, "I meanwhile we are here......" Before I know it, we were all headed straight into the flashing lights of the casino. A few hours later all five us of walking out the casino even more tipsy than before, with Rachel holding the 300 dollars she won cheering. Max looking at Rachel like she won the money herself. I smile at them, hoping that someone will look at me that way someday.

                   All of us pilling into our Uber laughing as we head over to the club, I can feel my excitement pull back a little bit. For some reason, I feel like I'm missing something. Like this night is going to be perfect but there's a small piece that isn't there. Chris hands me her flask out of her purse and I laugh deciding to ignore the feeling. It's not a big deal anyway.

                 A few hours later all of us stagger out of the club, sore from our huge competition and now from the heals that the Chris's decided where perfect for our outfits. The Chris's hang off of each other and Rachel is carefully guiding a very drunk Max.

              We finally make it up into our room where one Chris passes out sideways on the bed, and the other takes a cold shower because "she was too drunk to function". Max is slurring her words and I can tell that she is getting close to the drunk phase where she may start confessing to Rachel who patiently takes care of her.

            I stumble out of my heals and walk out onto the balcony. Loving the fresh air I stand there for a minute just watching the traffic below, starting to feel cold I go back inside to grab the sweatshirt from Jack. On one of the beds, I see that Maxine and Rachel have moved past the confession part and are now full-on making out. And the other Chris has gotten out of the shower and is now also passed out on the bed with other Chris. Both of them sideways on the bed.

            Quickly grabbing the sweatshirt, I head back outside to the balcony to give Rachel and Max some "privacy".

             The cold air wraps around my legs as I sit down on the table, I start to feel how alone I am sitting out on the porch in my party dress, still tipsy and in a sweatshirt of a guy that I used to love. Love? Nah I just had a crush, I'm just too drunk to know the difference. I smile as I agree with myself.

             I look at my phone as a thought comes across my mind. I wonder if Jack still has the same phone number that he used to; I still have it saved on my phone. The only way to find out is to try it! I slip right back inside to grab the rest of the tequila and a blanket for my lap. Slipping past the making out couple and the passed-out Chris's I head back out to my balcony and click call.

******************

I feel so evil leaving it off like that! But... I did it anyway

I hope you guys feeling happy and healthy! Love you <3