Chapter one

"Mama! Mama! Look at me, I'm a ballerina!"

Emelia twirled around the living room, arms in a fifth position. Dianne just chuckled, slapping her knees and getting up. Impromptu performances of Emelia's were one of Diannes favourite things, and would never get tired of them, even if it meant knowing the hairspray sound track inside and out, or being haunted by the phrase "sugar, butter, flour."

"You are. A very cute little ballerina, you could be the next Darcey Bussell!" Emelia shrugged and crawled onto the sofa next to her mum, cuddling into her side.

"Maybe, or Shirley. I like Shirley, she's very nice, she's my favourite I think." Emelia had met the judges last year at the final, and a few times throughout the year. Emelia was no stranger to Strictly, having been a few times in her life, but it was in Dianne's best interest to make sure she wasn't swarmed by the media.

"Me too, she's a very nice lady, just don't let the other judges hear you say that." Emelia let out a little laugh.

"I won't. Mama?"

"Yes my gorgeous girl?"

"Can I come to Strictly sometime, I really want to meet all the famous people. Please?" Emelia looked up to Dianne, giving her puppy dog eyes and pouting her bottom lip out slightly.

"Probably. Maybe the final, and you could come with me to Blackpool too, if I get that far." Emelia got excited.

"You will, you're a very good dancer." Emelia sat up to kiss Dianne's cheek, making Dianne feel all mushy inside, she was a very cute little girl indeed. "And I really really want to go!"

"We will have to wait and see, and me too, I've always wanted to go." Dianne smiled softly, remembering all the times she had wished to go, seeing the shores and the British seaside, especially the infamous tower ballroom, how grand and fascinating it seemed. "Why don't you do a drawing of blackpool?"

Emelia shook her head. "Maybe later, I'm tired." She yawned as she said this, the clock reading eight o clock, placed delicately on one wall along with photos and other small things that could be hung up.

"You sound tired, early night?" Emelia nodded, Dianne relieved in a sense, opportunities like this never really came around, Emelia usually hyper and excitable, having the potential to stay energetic until ten, although she never had apart from New Year's Eve.

"Okay, why don't you pick out a nightie and I'll run a bath, that sound good angel?"

"Yes mama."

///

"Mama, when are you going back to doing your dancing, at Strictly?" Dianne had just tucked her into bed, and was now crouched down beside her, level with her. Emelia was already falling asleep, shattered from the day.

"Not until next week angel, is there anything you'd like to do between now and then?"

Emelia took a moment to think. "Hmm, maybe we could go to see Buckingham palace? I've always wanted to go there."

"I'm sure we can. Alright, I think it's time you went to sleep." Emelia nodded, starting to close her eyes and go into dreamland, smiling as she did. Dianne watched her for a few moments, savouring the moment. Emelia had freckles which were dotted on her cheeks, making her all the more adorable as they rested a rosy shade.

She stood up, tip toeing to the door before shutting it slowly, sighing to herself contently. The door clicked shut, and with that she sat on the sofa, watching a documentary for half an hour before going to bed, having an early night herself.