Chapter twenty three

"We're going to Blackpool We're going to Blackpool we're going to Blackpool!" was what Emelia Rose Buswell sang around the house that Thursday evening, buzzing about Blackpool like she had been since Sunday. Emelia had never been to a British seaside before, so needless to say she was over the moon.

Joe and Dianne grinned while Dianne placed down her case, herself and Emelia having just had arrived at the apartment that they had been practically living in for the past few weeks, the apartment feeling more like home as the days went by.

"I packed this morning. For once, I'm more organised than you are." she giggled. Joe, who scowled while folding up a hoodie, was normally the more organised of the two. "Need a hand?"

"Erm...go on then, would you mind helping me put these in the case?" He had a pile of clothes by his bed, neatly folded and stacked. She nodded, going to stand next to him, taking a pair of jeans from the pile.

She smiled. "I've never been to Blackpool, have you?"

He shook his head. "No, first time myself. Should be brilliant though, especially the tower ballroom." She grinned, remembering as a child always seeing pictures of it in all its glory.

While she placed a black hoodie in his case, she only then remembered what she had forgotten. "Oh so that's what I forgot this morning," she chuckled, seeing him fondly roll his eyes.

"Oh you plonker, I take it it's a hoodie." He chuckled. She nodded. "Do you want to borrow one of mine?"

She gave a look of relief. "If you don't mind, plus I swear yours are comfier than mine." He laughed, feeling her head rest on his shoulder.

"I don't mind, they should be in the right hand side of the wardrobe."

She pecked his cheek before going into his closet which was in a little room of its own, the two rooms separated by a door. It was quite big in size, racks upon racks of clothes which mostly looked the same, particularly the white t shirts which all hung side by side, twenty of them in total. That's a lot of white t shirts.

A few moments after she left, Emelia knocked on the door with her familiar knock. "Can I come in?"

"Course Angel, we're just packing for tomorrow. You excited?" She sat on the bed, giving an assertive nod. Compared to the bed, Emelia seemed like an ant, among a sea of white linen. 

"Yes. I am really excited! So do you get to dance in the fancy ballroom, with the big chandeliers and things?"

He nodded. "Yep, I think it's called the tower ballroom but I'm not too sure. We're doing a quickstep, a very fast dance." She nodded while grinning, flopping backwards, sighing with some boredom in her voice.

She had two hours before bed, so definitely had some time to kill before dinner, Bath, bed, the usual routine. "I'm bored."

"You're bored?" She nodded, seeing him put his hands on his hips, she giggled a little.

"Well we cant have that now can we? Right, have you double checked your bag, in case there's anything you've forgotten."

Most likely, she would have forgotten something, most likely a teddy bear or a book to read. She shrugged. "I can go check again. Should I do that?"

Joe nodded. "Why not, you can bring it in here if you want with both of ours." And with that she skipped merrily out of the room, the door left open.

Joe was now on his own again, and was left to his thoughts, the ones that reminded him of the comforting fact that this was where life was headed, one with Emelia and Dianne. There was no doubt that they would eventually move in one day, they already spent so much time there, and in fact it felt weird without them, there were always little traces of them lying around weather it was a perfume or a pink bedsheet, a hair bow or a Netflix suggestion based on barbie life in the dream house, they were like little signs, signs that the future was upon them, and it was simply and utterly wonderful.