Chapter five

Dianne took Emelia's hand in hers, making sure that she wouldn't run off or get lost, for that was the last thing she wanted. The day after they filmed the launch was the day before the first day of school, and Dianne being the forgetful person she is left it 'til the last minute to go back to school shopping, but thankfully it hadn't come to bite her. The shops weren't too crowded and felt quite spacious compared to the year before, which would haunt Dianne for years, how chlostrophobic it was then.

They were now crossing the street, just having been into Clark's for shoes and were now going into M&S for uniform. Going into Clark's hadn't taken too long, thanks to online shopping. Emelia had insisted on the black brogues, which were shiny and looked a bit like tap dancing shoes, at least that's what she explained to Dianne.

"Hold my hand please. We don't want any accidents." Emelia nodded, holding her hand tightly. She looked to the left, and to the right before going across the road with her mum, excited for back to school uniform shopping, new clothes to wear. "Thank you. And well done for looking."

"It's okay, it's very important to look left and right. Where are we going first mama?" Emelia scanned the shop with wonder in her eyes, which wasn't that crowded in all honesty. Dianne took that opportunity to think.

"Shirts, your old ones are getting way too small, Shall we take the lift or the stairs?"

"Can we take the lift, me legs are killing me!"

She impersonated an old lady, but wobbling her knees and over dramatically saying the words, pretending to be in traumatic pain. Dianne couldn't help but laugh her head off. This child was truly something else.

"Yes, and you really make me laugh you do." Emelia beamed, a cute smile spread across her cheeks.

They walked into the shop, passing the women's clothing department which Dianne partly wanted to have a nose around. Emelia called the lift, fascinated by the technology.

"It lights up!" When she pressed the button, the ring around the button had illuminated a bright green, making Emelia gasp with excitement. Seeing her excited by the simple things made Dianne smile, and had taught her the importance of the little things in life, the little joys that were sometimes not taken notice of as much as the more obvious ones.

"Yes it does, it's like magic angel. It will arrive in a minute." The two stood side by side, hand in hand. The doors parted, Dianne wide eyed at the sight in front of her.

"Amy? Oh my god what are you doing here!" The two women embraced, Emelia happy to see Amy, who she hadn't seen in a while but had heard a lot about.

"I'm taking my niece back to school shopping. This is Lily, she's actually going into year one as well, she's so cute." Dianne waved to the small child who was on Amy's hip, while Emelia stood quite close to Dianne, sucking her thumb lightly.

"She's adorable. Emelia, this is Lily, Amy's niece. Say hello." Emelia gave a small wave, noticeably shy. Emelia wasn't the best when it came to introductions, often shy.

"Hello Emelia. I'm Lily. Auntie Amy, can they come with us, pleaasseeee!" Amy have Dianne pleading eyes. Dianne shrugged with a smile.

"Why not, plus I'm sure Emelia could do with a new friend." Lily beamed, squealing a little, a welsh accent peaking through. Lily and Amy were extremely similar personality wise, as the red head had come to realise.

"Aww, she's so much like you, mini Amy!" Amy cooed, the four girls all heading to the school uniform section together, a girly shopping day out almost, mixed with domescity.

They were now all in the changing rooms, Emelia putting on a shirt in the cubicle while the other three stood outside. Lily was practicing one of her dance steps, as she had recently enrolled into ballet, much to her auntie Amy's delight.