Chapter twenty one

That Saturday morning, Caspar and Ambar were now Emelia up from the apartment because they would be babysitting her again, something they both enjoyed doing very much. Joe was extremely grateful of just how much his friends supported the three of them, willing to help out where they can.

"Hey guys." Caspar and Ambar chorused, entering the apartment, it scented with a new lavender incense stick, one that Zoe had recommended to Joe a few weeks ago.

"Ready for tonight?"

Joe shook his head at Caspar, combing back the morning mop of brown and blonde that was pretty much untameable nowadays. Dianne was getting her things together, and also trying to talk Emelia out of climbing onto the kitchen counter.

"Please stop climbing, you'll hurt yourself."

"I don't know, I mean, I know the routine, I think it's just nerves that are getting to me, and that we are so close to Blackpool." Dianne nodded in agreement. It had been their goal since day one, the tower ballroom, so to get eliminated at this point would be devestating.

"We will be fine, just keep calm or you'll only get worse, and drink coffee, it helps." Both men laughed as Joe placed Emelia on the counter, saving her the trouble and risk of injury.

Meanwhile Ambar nodded vigorously, knowing how coffee always made her feel better. "It does, it seems coffee can make me feel ten times better, even on the darkest of days." Dianne nodded, the two women exchanging a mutual smile.

"Have you got everything?" Joe asked Emelia, not wanting her to be in a mood because she had forgotten something. "Has she got everything, Dot?"

Dianne nodded, remembering packing the night before, wandering around the apartment finding little things of Emelia's, and even little things of her own that she had forgotten about.

"Yep, all packed and ready to go. I even found my hair pins laying around, and my perfume." Joe gave a fond chuckle, passing Emelia her jacket, Dianne soon joining him and resting an arm on his shoulder, clasping both of her hands together.

"Well you know what they say, love." She shrugged, raising her eyebrows and giving an expectant look.

"What do they say Joseph?"

"Don't have a clue." She rolled her eyes, soon laughing at his quip, he seemed to have an endless supply of ways to make people laugh. "Right. We have to get going, don't we Dotty?"

"Yes we do." She put Emelia down on the floor, seeing her run off into the spare room. She raised one eyebrow. "Maybe she forgot something?"

Joe shrugged, the two putting their own coats and things on before Emelia soon came out. "I thought I had forgotten something, but I remember that mama has it, silly me." She tapped her head, all four adults laughing.

Joe did the zipper up on his puffer coat, the one he always wore. "Silly you, you're almost as bad as your mum." Dianne hit him gently, hearing him chuckle. Emelia nodded, going to hug her mum, who gave her an extra squeeze.

"Mama has a very bad memory, nanny says she's like a fish!" Emelia used her hands to talk as well, Joe grinned and took the keys off the side. Dianne folded her arms.

"I honestly do as well. Right, Joseph, we best get going, the producers aren't too jovial this week so we should get there early." While she said this Joe said his goodbye before standing up again.

"Definitely. Thanks for doing this guys by the way, you're legends." Caspar and Ambar smiled gratefully, Emelia going over towards them.

"It's fine bro, bedtime is nine right?" They both nodded.